• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1985 stingray cuddy cabin question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 stingray cuddy cabin question

am considering aquiring a 1985 stingray cuddy cabin. Is there anything I need to know or look at before I aquire it? You know anything that usually fails or defects to look for?

Re: 1985 stingray cuddy cabin question

same old stuff i've posted for you before. it's a 24 year old boat.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Re: 1985 stingray cuddy cabin question

Agree, it is a 24-year-old entry level boat. If it has been meticulously maintained it may be great, if not - run, do not walk to the nearest exit. Don't even make an offer without a complete sea-trial and unless it is a super fantastic deal (practically a gift) don't even consider it without hiring a marine surveyor to check it out thoroughly. Rotten stringers, rotten transoms, weak engines, soft floors, and waterlogged foam is too common in boats that age (and too expensive to fix) to take the chance. You could spend thousand of dollars in repairs and still have a 24 year old entry level boat.

Comment

Working...
      X