What's an 18' 88 Avenger with a Black Max 150 worth?

FOXX

Recruit
I'm thinking about buying a boat today and was wondering what it was worth. All I know is what is on the add so here goes. 1988 Avenger with a Merc 150 Black Max motor. Says it has low hours on it. The boat looks like it's in pretty good shape but I have yet to see it in person. I tried to see what it was worth on nadaguides . com but appears to be worth no more than about $1400 or so and that's with options I'm not so sure it's equipped with. It's been for sale for about 2 weeks now and was wondering if it's such a good deal why it's still for sale. Am I missing something here or are these boats just not that popular/nice? He's asking $3600 for it but I thought I'd shoot for lower since I can't seem to get any info on the worth of the boat. It's 18' long and has new upholstery. So just a ball park figure on the worth would be greatly appriciated that way I know what to expect and where to start money wise. Any other info or tips are great too. Thanks.

P.S. This is a nice looking forum.:)

Kev144

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What's an 18' 88 Avenger with a Black Max 150 worth?

I would maybe start by offering him maybe 2800? If the motor checks out (compression and all) the motor itself could be worth a fair chunk. maybe 1500 for a good running 150 BM. Remember, start low. You can always come up if need be. Your major concern is the shape of the floor, transom and motor.

FOXX

Recruit

I would maybe start by offering him maybe 2800? If the motor checks out (compression and all) the motor itself could be worth a fair chunk. maybe 1500 for a good running 150 BM. Remember, start low. You can always come up if need be. Your major concern is the shape of the floor, transom and motor.
Thanks ill keep ya'll informed about it.

FOXX

Recruit

Well I just checked it out and appears to have a small leak somewhere in the motor area. I don't know where it's coming from but it dosen't seem that bad really. I heard it run and it appears to smoke a little but I'm guessing that's normal since it's a 2 stroke and all. The boat itself looks like it's in real good shape but I'm still concerned about the price on Nada. I might want to resell the boat later on down the road and don't want to get taken in the *** on this deal. It's a toss up really since there's 2 other boats I'm interested in. A Sanger pickle nose hydro with a bad fukn 429 cobra jet with all the goodies (600hp) or a 76 Tahiti with a 490 ford/berkley jet. Hmm.

He's (the avenger guy) gonna take me out on the water Monday. So far that boat seems to be the one I'm targeting but who knows I might get the urge to dig a little deeper and get the hydro...