Exhaust Blower

Patrick123

Cadet
I have a new Atwood blower. It blows but it is very loud and it sounds like it is going to fall apart any second (it was cheap.) Does anyone know of a much quieter blower, or does that just go hand in hand with quality? Whats the best and quietest blower for the money?

Patrick123

Cadet
Re: Exhaust Blower

I didn't really mean "exhaust blower." You know the blower that removes the fumes from the engine copartment? Also, do you run those blowers the whole time you are underway, or just when you are starting up. I ran it the whole time today and I thought it would come apart it was screaming so loud. Thanks again.

magster65

Commander

Before you throw it away try a couple of drops of oil on the shaft. If you are moving, your engine compartment vents should move enough air so you shouldn't need to run it.

Patrick123

Cadet

I thought about tying that, but the motor seems to be encased in a ball of what looks like hot glue. To see a shaft I would have to take the propellor off and without an obvious setscrew I'm sure I'd break it. That must be how they made it "water resistant." We were just going to keep it for a spare.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Patrick<br />Fix it or throw it away and get a new one. I turn mine on when launch and walk back a smell the exhaust for fumes before a I start motor and after fueling. I can barely here my bildge blower from the driver seat.<br /><br />Make sure your output hoeses go low in the bildge under engine but high enough will never be covered by bildge water. Most output cowl have two hosees one with the bildge blower and one that just goes to the cowl vent. One with out the blower will suck out more air when moving with the blower off. Input hoses should go high in the engine area above the carburetor.