Pelican dry cases (for tools etc) The best!

Expidia

Commander
Saw these mentioned here from time to time. I was looking for a waterproof box to keep flares, flare gun, first aid, nuts, wires tape, tools etc.

I got tired of having to dry out my tools 3 times last season, that I was keeping in plastic zip locks.

I do have one of those $20 orange plastic boxes that looks like an ammo box. It has a seal but it's too high in size, not very big for inside dimensions and on my small boat space is at a premium. The hatch openings are small too.

I thought these cases would be too expensive for me, but I found a site that prices them decent with fair shipping costs.

The first one I ordered was the 1200 model ($27) in orange (they have 4 colors). But it was a little tight. This case is of such great quality I didn't have the heart to send it back for the next size up. But I discovered all my electronics fit in it perfectly. I take them off the boat after each trip and store in my trunk.

So I just ordered the next size up too which is the 1400 ($49)

I have no connection with this site but they have an amazing selection of all dry cases.

Caseclub.com and click Pelican protective cases. Scroll down the page for all the sizes and models.

Most other sites I looked at first only had one model were more expensive and only had black or were out of stock.

I know many use ammo boxes or similar, but these Pelican cases blow everything else away!

They can be ordered with the foam inserts too, but I get them empty for more room. The foam is for extra protection of stuff like cameras, lenses etc.