Pimp My Boat (Little Fishing Boat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATransplant

Admiral
Here's a look at my fully pimped-out SeaKing 12' aluminum boat, with some details. As it sits now, it's a great solo fishing platform for me, and all for really cheap. If you've pimped your inexpensive, small boat out in interesting ways, let's see 'em.

garcky1.jpg

garcky2.jpg

Above, I added a 1x10 shelf to one side, between the seats and put the gas tank and my tackle box on it, all bungeed down (<$20). Three rod holder ($10). I built a little box in front of the rear seat, to move the seat forward about 6 inches. Works better, and I can reach behind to run the outboard. ($0). Two rod holders for trolling ($15). AnchorMate to front anchor ($50). Fish Locator (old, used. $17.50). Seats from garage sales ($10).

garcky3.jpg

Above, I moved the fuel tank up by the middle seat. The 2x2s locate it, and the bungee goes to two stainless screw eyes. I trailer with it this way, and it's never moved. Fuel line goes along gunwale. ($2)

garcky4.jpg

Above, I needed a water-shedding container for small items, like first aid kit, spare plugs, tools, etc. This condo-type mailbox is painted over galvanized steel. Mounted to transom. It just sheds the water. ($15)

garcky5.jpg

Above, I needed to move the trolling motor battery forward, so I made a platform, cutting two pieces to fit the hull curvature, then screwing the platform to the rib. I screwed the battery box to the platform. The bungees secure the lid only. #8 wire goes to trolling motor jack in back. ($18 for wire).

erikgreen

Captain
Re: Pimp My Boat (Little Fishing Boat)

Very ingenious use of space and cheap materials :)

boatradioman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no I have not but i would be cool if mtv made a show like that "Pimp my Boat"

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

this ways my 14 ft Lone Star, 1955 15 hp rude. i put stick steering and remote at the center seat of single fishing, 3 seats, battery under front seat. was a real pleasant boat. fast and fun to run.

CATransplant

Admiral

TD,

Nice job. I'll bet you miss that one sometimes. On mine, I can take another person, and they have open room in front of the center seat, but not many other amenities. My wife sometimes goes along, but doesn't fish. She usually has a book on her iPod and watches all the stuff going on at the lake. Boat's a little slower with two folks on it, though.

jasper60103

Commander

Not quite pimped out yet, but what the heck.:)

Attachments

• SDC12190_sh.jpg
    SDC12190_sh.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC12191_sh.jpg
    SDC12191_sh.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC12192_sh.jpg
    SDC12192_sh.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC12193_sh.jpg
    SDC12193_sh.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1

waynehol

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice fish getting machine! Very cleaver and thougtful upgrades. Kudos!

cheesegrits

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just sold mine but I added a casting deck extension that was removeable. Put a hatch in it so batteries were in front of middle seat. Still got 23mph with the 15 and two people. it would go really skinny too!
14seanymph005.jpg

14saenymph006.jpg

14seanymph001.jpg

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice work on those fishing rigs fellas.:D

I'm currently making some modifications to my 12' aluminum boat. If you have any suggestions let me know:)

I will post some pictures here in a few weeks when I'm finished but for now you can take a look at my restoration project here:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=329166

a70eliminator

Captain

Why no bimini tops, heck even a big patio umbrella would provide some shade, would it just be in the way too much? I would try a patio umbrella easy to mount a rod holder like rig to put the pole into, and some of them patio umbrellas have a hinge point where you can lay them back 45 degrees and follow the sun or make a heck of a sailboat on light wind days you get a drift going when everyone else just sit going nowhere.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

I just sold mine but I added a casting deck extension that was removeable. Put a hatch in it so batteries were in front of middle seat. Still got 23mph with the 15 and two people. it would go really skinny too!
14seanymph005.jpg

14saenymph006.jpg

14seanymph001.jpg

Very cool little boat :cool:
That plywood will need some glass on it tho :rolleyes:

Huron Angler

Admiral

I think fishermen find that bimini tops often get in the way when casting/fighting a fish.

Hey CATransplant what size is that gas tank? I'm looking to do something similar but my tank is 6.6 gallons.

perki307

Recruit
Here's a look at my fully pimped-out SeaKing 12' aluminum boat, with some details. As it sits now, it's a great solo fishing platform for me, and all for really cheap. If you've pimped your inexpensive, small boat out in interesting ways, let's see 'em.

garcky1.jpg

garcky2.jpg

Above, I added a 1x10 shelf to one side, between the seats and put the gas tank and my tackle box on it, all bungeed down (<$20). Three rod holder ($10). I built a little box in front of the rear seat, to move the seat forward about 6 inches. Works better, and I can reach behind to run the outboard. ($0). Two rod holders for trolling ($15). AnchorMate to front anchor ($50). Fish Locator (old, used. $17.50). Seats from garage sales ($10).

garcky3.jpg

Above, I moved the fuel tank up by the middle seat. The 2x2s locate it, and the bungee goes to two stainless screw eyes. I trailer with it this way, and it's never moved. Fuel line goes along gunwale. ($2)

garcky4.jpg

Above, I needed a water-shedding container for small items, like first aid kit, spare plugs, tools, etc. This condo-type mailbox is painted over galvanized steel. Mounted to transom. It just sheds the water. ($15)

garcky5.jpg

Above, I needed to move the trolling motor battery forward, so I made a platform, cutting two pieces to fit the hull curvature, then screwing the platform to the rib. I screwed the battery box to the platform. The bungees secure the lid only. #8 wire goes to trolling motor jack in back. ($18 for wire).
CATransplant - This is a really old post, but I'm going to ask if you still have these pics. I have a 12' seaking and would love to see what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.