• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimp My Boat (Little Fishing Boat)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimp My Boat (Little Fishing Boat)

Here's a look at my fully pimped-out SeaKing 12' aluminum boat, with some details. As it sits now, it's a great solo fishing platform for me, and all for really cheap. If you've pimped your inexpensive, small boat out in interesting ways, let's see 'em.

Above, I added a 1x10 shelf to one side, between the seats and put the gas tank and my tackle box on it, all bungeed down (<$20). Three rod holder ($10). I built a little box in front of the rear seat, to move the seat forward about 6 inches. Works better, and I can reach behind to run the outboard. ($0). Two rod holders for trolling ($15). AnchorMate to front anchor ($50). Fish Locator (old, used. $17.50). Seats from garage sales ($10).

Above, I moved the fuel tank up by the middle seat. The 2x2s locate it, and the bungee goes to two stainless screw eyes. I trailer with it this way, and it's never moved. Fuel line goes along gunwale. ($2)

Above, I needed a water-shedding container for small items, like first aid kit, spare plugs, tools, etc. This condo-type mailbox is painted over galvanized steel. Mounted to transom. It just sheds the water. ($15)

Above, I needed to move the trolling motor battery forward, so I made a platform, cutting two pieces to fit the hull curvature, then screwing the platform to the rib. I screwed the battery box to the platform. The bungees secure the lid only. #8 wire goes to trolling motor jack in back. ($18 for wire).

Sure...go ahead and laugh at my old aluminum boat. It's paid for!

Re: Pimp My Boat (Little Fishing Boat)

Very ingenious use of space and cheap materials
    Sea Ray SRV-210 - Winter refit
    75-85 foot displacement hull trawler - gleam in my eye

Comment

no I have not but i would be cool if mtv made a show like that "Pimp my Boat"
      Semper Paratus

Comment

this ways my 14 ft Lone Star, 1955 15 hp rude. i put stick steering and remote at the center seat of single fishing, 3 seats, battery under front seat. was a real pleasant boat. fast and fun to run.

FLORIDA GATORS
        TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
        That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

TD,

Nice job. I'll bet you miss that one sometimes. On mine, I can take another person, and they have open room in front of the center seat, but not many other amenities. My wife sometimes goes along, but doesn't fish. She usually has a book on her iPod and watches all the stuff going on at the lake. Boat's a little slower with two folks on it, though.

Sure...go ahead and laugh at my old aluminum boat. It's paid for!

Comment

Not quite pimped out yet, but what the heck.
            Attached Files
            '77 Crestliner Voyager Deluxe 16' (semi V), Spartan WondeRoll tilt trailer, '81 Johnson 25 hp, '88 Johnson 30 hp, '87 Evinrude 30 hp

Comment

Nice fish getting machine! Very cleaver and thougtful upgrades. Kudos!

Comment

I just sold mine but I added a casting deck extension that was removeable. Put a hatch in it so batteries were in front of middle seat. Still got 23mph with the 15 and two people. it would go really skinny too!

Lewis
                1973 Aquasport 19-6
                1983 Aquasport 222 Osprey
                Hills of North Georgia

Comment

Nice work on those fishing rigs fellas.

I'm currently making some modifications to my 12' aluminum boat. If you have any suggestions let me know

I will post some pictures here in a few weeks when I'm finished but for now you can take a look at my restoration project here:
                  http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=329166
                  sigpic
                  '79 16' Starcraft SuperSport
                  12' AeroCraft '55 Johnson 5.5hp
                  Starcraft brochures thread

Comment

NOTLUND.
                    1977 Starcraft American 18' 165 Mercruiser.
                    http://s226.photobucket.com/home/win...obra/allalbums

Comment

Why no bimini tops, heck even a big patio umbrella would provide some shade, would it just be in the way too much? I would try a patio umbrella easy to mount a rod holder like rig to put the pole into, and some of them patio umbrellas have a hinge point where you can lay them back 45 degrees and follow the sun or make a heck of a sailboat on light wind days you get a drift going when everyone else just sit going nowhere.
                      '90 Chaparral 2000SL
                      5.8 Cobra
                      '67 MFG Westfield Regal
                      80hp V-4
                      (No private messages)

Comment

Originally posted by cheesegrits View Post
                        I just sold mine but I added a casting deck extension that was removeable. Put a hatch in it so batteries were in front of middle seat. Still got 23mph with the 15 and two people. it would go really skinny too!

Very cool little boat
                        That plywood will need some glass on it tho
                        sigpic
                        MY FISHIN BUDDY
                        East Texas Redneck
                        SEMPER FI
                        USMC '67 - '70

Comment

I think fishermen find that bimini tops often get in the way when casting/fighting a fish.

Hey CATransplant what size is that gas tank? I'm looking to do something similar but my tank is 6.6 gallons.
                          sigpic
                          '79 16' Starcraft SuperSport
                          12' AeroCraft '55 Johnson 5.5hp
                          Starcraft brochures thread

Comment

Working...
                          X