Where can I get rid of a junk boat?

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys and gals, I'm the FNG, and need some help here. I just bought a new (to me) boat, but it didn't come with a trailer...so I bought a nice used trailer, but the seller made me take the junker boat that was on it too.

Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of this old boat, so I can pick up my new boat? I called the local landfill and they won't take it.

Thanks for the help,
Hunter

fishmen111

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where can I get rid of a junk boat?

Remove fuel, oil, etc. and get to work with a chainsaw and/or sawzall. Cut into smaller pieces that can be disposed of (properly). Dustmask mandatory. Actually kinda fun!

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That does sound fun! Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to do that, except the garage...and I'm pretty sure my wife would divorce me if I cut it up in there!

fishmen111

Chief Petty Officer

You might try other landfills. One county out of eight in this area will accept boats. Also, check with your local government. Sorry, cutting it up is the limit of my disposal knowledge. I'm sure one of the other boat dudes here will have a novel approach to this.

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade

list ab ad on craigslist saying 'free boat!'

thats what I did.

I had to deliver it of course, but after that, it was his problem

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Online, go to junkmycar.com...its free and bye/bye boat.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

front yard, FREE BOAT ONLY, have disposed of several this way. tow it over and push it off in there back yard.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.....

A Free Boat sign,+/ or an ad on Craigslist usually gets it Gone,... Quickly......

External Combustion

Chief Petty Officer

The Sign says:

Free Boat

The wife says it goes or I do!

Divorce is expensive. Boat Can't cook!

Mkos1980

Chief Petty Officer

Does it float ;)

We accually saw a boat that was tied up to the dock all by itself. I asked the park ranger what had happen happen and he said from time to time we get scrap boats that people dont want and we cant track whos it is. He says if it floats, which it is if its there he said they donate it.

ksubigbuck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I tried the craigslist idea, but people kept flagging my ad as spam. I have no idea why, but they kept doing it. I ended up getting ahold of a landfill transfer station within a half hour who would take it. Only cost $30, so I'm happy. I did feel kinda bad seeing a good hull (the hull was the only good part) get demolished by a skid steer. May she rest in peace.

Thanks again,
Hunter

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Hopefully this didn't have any collector/restoration value

ebry710

Ensign

I did feel kinda bad seeing a good hull (the hull was the only good part) get demolished by a skid steer. May she rest in peace.

Each time a boat is sold, the value becomes diminished. Each time a piece or part is not maintained, repaired or replaced the value becomes diminished. Every year the boat is placed in the sun without a cover the value becomes diminished. Then one day the weeds are taller then the bow, the tires become flat and the seats show their foam. At this time the bobcat humanely devourers the carcass. It the circle of marine life. RIP.

ebry710

Unless it is a boston whaler.

Last edited: