Any info on Angler Boats?

Marz-Bar

Seaman
A sales rep i met at a boat show a couple months ago called Friday and offered me a sweet deal on a new 17' cc Angler Boat. A much better deal than they offered at the boat show. Have heard and read good and not so good about this company. Anyone have any info on Angler in the past few years. Thanks Ray

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Any info on Angler Boats?

i think they are pretty good boats.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

From what I have seen, it is a decent quality boat at a good price. If it meets your requirements, you will be happy as a pig in XXXX! Enjoy your new boat.

Flash Wax Man

Seaman Apprentice

I have owned an 1988 18.8 ft Angler center console for 5 years now and I am very happy with it. Its a dry boat and I dont get kicked around in choppy seas. I heard many law enforcement agencies use Anglers including the FMP. If you are getting a 17 ft, then get at least a 115 hp outboard motor. I had a 115 on my Angler and she takes a bit to plane off with 4 people onboard. Its rated for a 140, and thats what I am putting on it this week.Good Luck.

Joe

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There you have it from a happy owner. Call that sales rep back quick! Summer is almost here.

Marz-Bar

Seaman

Decided to pass on the Angler 17' cc. Nice boat, not as much storage as i would have liked, and a lot of the hardware on the boat was already starting to rust. Also the dealer seemed more interested in selling me a pontoon. Still looking for an all around fishing boat.

bashields

Recruit

Anglers are good boats but if you want storage as well a head in the console move up to the Angler 204FX I have a 2007 and it's a great sea worthy boat it takes a wave like a boat 5' bigger and you never get wet. the only down fall I've seen so far is the little pops in the gel coat. oh yeah it's a screamer with the 150 on it I'm hitting the low 50's
F/V Angler Management