Scupper help

i have thru-hull drains coming out the side of my boat i need sometype of scupper valve. i have read that ball valves are the best way to go but im not sure haveing them stick out the side of my boat is the best way to go because they will get ripped off easy. does anyone know were i can find a single direction ball valve that will mount on the interior of the boat???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Scupper help

never heard of deck drains on the side. usually stern. what boat? pictures??

you can up load to a free service like photobucket.com then you choose the pictures you want( clik the little box at the bottom left of the picture) scrool to the bottom of the page, clik generate html, it will take you to the next page, scroll down to thumb nails clik on that and copy, then insert it into your post.

also if you are planing on posting pictures, you can use the Blue post reply or the go advanced, manage attachments, there you can upload , directly from your computer. besure you pictures have been resized to fit the format. 640x480 max.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I?ve never heard of a boat that needed anything on thru hulls. My boat has 4 thru-hulls in the cockpit and the only time I ever get any water at all is on very rough days when I?m running perpendicular to the waves. Even then it?s hardly enough to worry about.

the scuppers are right on the waterline and when a couple guys are fishing in the back i take on a lot of water

tashasdaddy

unless you are sitting lower in the water, has it always done this? you could be carring some extra load you are not aware of, as in wet foam, or rot . i just recently found rot around my outdrive of my 1999 chris craft 230.

when you are stern heavy, and the deck is below water level you are going to take on water.

yes it does get some water caught in the hull and that makes it sit lower them it should but even when i get all the water out it still takes some water on

gss036

Commander

Some one used to make scuppers that had a rubber flapper that stays inside of the plastic ring part on the outside of the boat. I have them from the factory on my 1989 SeaCraft 23WA and they work great. If you have problems, then I think it is as tashasdaddy pointed out. The older SeaCrafts used to dump out the bottm of the boat and the guys had lots of water problems w/water on the deck.

tashasdaddy

have the boat weighed, this is totally empty, without trailer.
1988 CHRIS-CRAFT
215 SEA HAWK
Stern Drive Power Boat

Length: 21'
Model Name/Description: 215 SEA HAWK
Boat Type: Stern Drive Power Boat
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Beam: 8'
Engine: 1
175 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 3253

Coors

Captain

Water in the interior a lot= wet stuff under the deck.

kevincoe

Seaman

THmarine.com has an Inline Scupper...Not sure if you have the room for it or if this would help your problem at all.

kevincoe

Seaman

they also have a "flush mount scupper" not sure of the size u need.

Hey everyone thanks for all your help! I think i will be able to solve my problem with some things from THmarine.com. Thanks Kevincoe. but now im on to the next problem, everything that got water logged under the floor of my boat. does anyone have a good solution for that???