Thoughts on this Racor filter?

buckeye_sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Was doing a bit of research on ebay and happened to stumble across this:
Ebay item 350018936238

For $20 +shipping vs. $60-$100 for a new kit from my local marinas this seems like a good deal.

Appears slightly different than the typical 320 racor filter kit, plus it has 2 in and 2 out lines both of which may be slightly larger than 1/4" (Maybe 3/8" or 1/2")

Only hesitate because not sure what the replacement filter would be. The seapro logo is just custom, but I'm not finding anything with 3240. Not sure if all the racor filters are interchangeable?

Last edited by a moderator:

BillP

Captain
Re: Thoughts on this Racor filter?

That's a dynamite deal for a Racor mount, filter and bowl. It's about the cost of just a Racor replacement filter. These are universal fit and replacement filters not a problem. The two holes are for twin engines. One set has to be plugged for a single.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Did you buy one bill? Im thinking about buying one!

buckeye_sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks to all, and sorry about posting the direct link.

Went ahead a bought one this morning - $26.88 shipped for a premium Racor water separator unit is a steal compared to the $60..$70...$80 or more I've been seeing all over the web. I'll post some info. & better pics up when I get it.

Last edited:

basstracker2008

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks to all, and sorry about posting the direct link.

Went ahead a bought one this morning - $26.88 shipped for a premium Racor water separator unit is a steal compared to the $60..$70...$80 or more I've been seeing all over the web. I'll post some info. & better pics up when I get it.

Did you install it successfully? I got mine , installed it and no fuel flows out whenever I primer. My engine is OUTBOARD. I saw one website today saying what I bought is for inboard. Is this why I was not getting any fuel whenver I prime the fuel hose? I tested mine not connected to engine. i just poke the fule line head to see if it will busrt out fuel and it did not. Please help.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Did you install it successfully? I got mine , installed it and no fuel flows out whenever I primer. My engine is OUTBOARD. I saw one website today saying what I bought is for inboard. Is this why I was not getting any fuel whenver I prime the fuel hose? I tested mine not connected to engine. i just poke the fule line head to see if it will busrt out fuel and it did not. Please help.
Did you fill the filter before assembling it on the head? If not you've found your problem. ;)

basstracker2008

Seaman Apprentice

Did you fill the filter before assembling it on the head? If not you've found your problem. ;)

Yes I did. Maybe I'm not testing it right.
Could you please tell me your setup. If you have the filter after the primer or before and how you tested it. How you got convinced that it was a success....
Do you have outboard too? What size of engine you have?

Thank you so much in advance...