• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 Aluminum Boat needs a good cleaning of the Aluminum Hull What works best??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Aluminum Boat needs a good cleaning of the Aluminum Hull What works best??

Title is the heart of my question - Need the voice of experience please. Purchased a 1992 Tracker boat that is CLEAN - only thing is the previous owner did not do a great job of keeping the underside of this boat rinsed off after each trip to the river. What is the best stuff on the market and how hard is it to apply and remove. I do have a power washer if that is a tool needed for this cleaning job. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Mark in Mississippi

Re: 1992 Aluminum Boat needs a good cleaning of the Aluminum Hull What works best??

power washer is my best advice. make sure it is not electrolosis, eating the aluminum. i had one boat that had a bunch of pin holes in it from electrolosis
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Re: 1992 Aluminum Boat needs a good cleaning of the Aluminum Hull What works best??

Pickk up a bottle of ToonBrite at your local boating store. I bought a 1974
      Sears aluminum boat this spring and after using the ToonBrite it looked like it just came off the production line. Simply spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes then power wash it off. You won't be disapointed.

Neverhome

Comment

tashasdaddy - How are you my old Iboat friend. Hope all is good. Boat still running great just ready to make the under side look new again.

neverhome - Thank you for your quick reply also. I just ordered a half gallon of the toon brite frm iboats and it will be in my hands in 3-5 days - total cost including s&h just over $ 25.00.... I will let you guys know how it works.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you.

Mark

Comment

You committed yourself. We expect before and after pictures. ;-)

Comment

I like pictures!
            Restoring 1984 Crestliner/1988 Johnson 110.
            http://shareaproject.com/pages/proje...,p,425,00.html

Comment

pics!!!!yeah http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=224951
              FLORIDA GATORS
              TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
              That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

i've used a product called "on off" hull cleaner on my fiberglass boat i have used it ,litely,on my props,have to be quick with the hoses also dont inhale this stuff it will do major damage to brian cells...but the stuff cleans off barnacles like you wont belive...

Comment

Once you got it nice and clean. You can just use Pledge and clean soft cloth there after. After a day of boating it helps keep the dirt/waterline build to a minimum. A can is good for about two wipe down sessions on my 16 footer. Your boat will be shiny and lemony fresh!

Comment

Alumabrite cleans bare aluminum pretty well. It is caustic, however, so make sure you rinse it off completely when done.
                    Please don't PM me on advice issues - let's keep that in the forums, so that everyone can benefit. Please note that I do not email PDFs, etc. I have a bandwidth limited aircard for internet access. My avatar does not mean I have any offical link to iboats. I just like it!

Comment

Blast furnace...

Blast furnaces clean aluminum REALLY well, and when you're done, you can pour it into almost any mould and make just about anything you want, except a boat, which you won't have anymore, because you put it in a blast furnace.
                      Removed

Comment

Working...
                      X