$$$$ Cost for Dry "Rack" Storage...

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Howdy all... <br /><br />Thinking about Dry storage for the summer (6-8 months) for my 21' c/c and was just wondering what I should expect to pay per month?..<br /><br />I got some estimates last year for anywhwere from $285 a month and up when I was looking at another boat (26') that was a little bigger than I wanted to trailer...<br /><br />What are you guys spending?.. :confused:

L Christopher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: $$$$ Cost for Dry "Rack" Storage...

My guess is that it depends on supply and demand, also location, location, location. A couple of years ago in Norfolk, VA 24' CC - $150.00 a month. Nothing bets making a call before leaving the house and arrive at dock with boat waiting for you.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Unfortunately demand turns to greed. Here in Miami they hit you with an $8 ramp fee for the ramps in public parks and if you go on the weekend you are lucky to find a place to park. On the holiday weekends all marinas get full quick and they close. If you try the state owned roadside ramps you will be lucky to find your car & trailer when you get back to the ramp.<br /><br />They haven't built a new ramp that I know of here in my 30+ years of boating. The better in&out marinas with rack storage want a first & last months rent with a three month minimum.<br /><br />I could go on and on - --

NathanY

Commander

I keep my boat on a in a slip here on Beaver lake Arkansas, On a lift, we bought the lift, and it costs us 1200 per year to keep it there.

sloopy

Commander

Heres a tip! become a friend with the marina owner! DO NOT TELL HIM YOU HAVE A BOAT! AND DO NOT MAKE HIM TELL YOU WHAT HE OWNS! then after a month of being his friend come up to him one day and say "hey never get a boat it is so hard to find storage on my lake! and they need tons of work!!!!" that always work but you most complane about TWO things one of them NOT being storage! Trust me it always works!<br /><br />ALSO ACT LIKE YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS MARINA! <br /><br />goodluck!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm.<br /><br />Is Sloopy a budding con man?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Sloopy... A con man?... Yeah... I think so... :p <br /><br /> Good advice Sloopy.. I'll give it a try... :D NOT!!! :D <br /><br />SoLittle,
On the holiday weekends all marinas get full quick and they close.
What about on the average weekend?. With rack storage, Do I have to be concerned about not being able to get in or out at my lesure, at, say 12 noon on a Sunday?...

Nite_Ryder

Cadet

I recieved a price qoute of $7.25 per foot in the rack over in Tampa bay.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

snapperbait - If cost is not a factor then rack storage is the way to go and then carry it one step further go for the covered barn type. I had a 27' on a rack in Key Largo years back. I called them before I left the house and when I got there my boat was in the water tied up & ready to go. When I got back I tied up, cleaned up & went home.<br /><br />The only down side is that it is a big hastle if you like to go to different places that would require you to go get the boat, put it on your trailer and then drive to wherever.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys.. :) Guess I'll get on the phone and see if a marina around here has an open spot... ;)