seeking info re: 82 20ft. Peterborough w/cud

bought 1982 Peterborough 20ft. boat last fall and I would like any and all info related to where this boat was made and sold. I'd like to know how much they cost new, aswell as any other info that might be of interest. thanx

Mikedg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: seeking info re: 82 20ft. Peterborough w/cud

Peterborough Boats originally started as Peterborough Canoe at the turn of the century in Peterborough, ON. Their orgininal boats were all cedar strip construction, with many examples being shown today at classic wood boat shows. There was one on display at this years Toronto Boat Show. To my knowledge the final line of boats ranged from small runabouts to a 30 ft. express cruiser. The company went bankrupt in the early 90's.<br /><br />You may wish to do a search on the web for any owners clubs or check for info on the company at the Peterborough County Museum.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

heatzoneexpress <br />Here's some earlier discussion on the Petersbourough boats that may be of some interest to you. <br /><br />web page

thanks for the fast responses guys! I actually had managed to find out most of this info thru the internet and from other peterborough owners. What would be cool would be to get my hands on an original brochure or advertising.

diamonddave

Seaman

I owned a Peterborough 24 a couple of years ago, yes they were owned by Alcan Aluminum Co. I did'nt think they were associated with Peterborough Canoe Company though, I could never quite make the connection on web sites etc. There is a marina in central Ontario that has an extensive inventory of boat literature including Peterboroughs, did'nt have anything on the 24' unfortunately. I'll look for the name and post it here if i find it, you've got a great boat though, by all accounts, lots of glass where it counts, the builder never scrimped. Good luck and have fun.