• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a replacement plastic windshield for boat.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a replacement plastic windshield for boat.

I have an '87 Eliminator Monaco. The plastic smoke colored windshield/defelector has begun to "crystalize" and crack from the heat. Although it's still functional, it looks crappy. I was wondering if anyone knows where a replacement windshield can be made/purchased? I contacted Eliminator directly through their website and was told they don't carry the replacement part (which seems pretty odd to me). The angle of the windshield matches the shape of the boat so I can't just get anything. I have heard some plastic manufactures may be able to custom make it. Thanks!!
    1987 Eliminator Monaco 21', 5.7L Merc 260
    2003 Ford F250 Crew 6.0L Powerstroke FX4

Re: Need a replacement plastic windshield for boat.

find a custom glass shop, they can take some lexan and make what you need.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Look here also.

updplastics.com
      Of those who receive good advice, only the wise will profit from it.

If you need it....Get it
      If you want it....Wait
      If you have it....Flaunt it

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info!
        1987 Eliminator Monaco 21', 5.7L Merc 260
        2003 Ford F250 Crew 6.0L Powerstroke FX4

Comment

I don't know where you are located but I know a guy that does windshields and does a great job with a 1 -2 day turnaround. He is in Hudson, FL. Reply if this will help.

Comment

contact http://www.wayneearl.com/
            They are the ones that make the windscreens for Eliminator / Hallett / Carrera etc.
            They may have the exact one on a template and could form you one in a pinch.

They made me a custom windshield for my 175 Bayliner

- Ron

Comment

Working...
            X