15' Calibogie CC

grimpy

Seaman
Just picked this up the other day... Had a 16' Bayliner Classic I sold a few weeks ago that this replaced... The Bayliner was a great boat and I didn't have any problems with it... It just wasn't a good fishing boat... This Calibogie should be excellent for my fishing needs!

I am also wondering if anyone knows anything about these boats? Are they foam filled? I heard they were but wanted to double check... Also, where can I put a bilge pump? It's all fiberglassed in... There are a few deckplates that I can see into the hull but it's no where near the bottom of the boat... looks like 4" under the floor max.

Here's a pic of my old boat.
11-21-06_1333.jpg

So here it is... 91 15' Calibogie w/ an 06 50hp Honda Four Stroke! :)
DSC05252.jpg

Just got some lighted trailer guide on's and my fish finder is coming in tomorrow...

Need to get some rod holder racks, rod holders, bimini top, and hopefully a trolling motor if I can figure out how to mount one on the bow with the rails there...

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 15' Calibogie CC

yeah, the rails look nice, but get in the way of a real fishing boat. i found these bought one set, like them so much, i bought 2 more. both sides and the back. nice thing they are removable, and all you have is the trak. by the way nice boat.

http://www.lakelandproducts.com/

grimpy

Seaman

thanks man... Those are sweet trac's... I've had my eyes on them for some time now... Glad to hear actual experience from someone... I'll look into a pair... Not sure if it would work with my railings though.

grimpy

Seaman

sweet setup you got there...

I just took another look at my rails and Ithey are screwed on from underneath... I can't get to them unless I cut holes...

Heres a pic of it out in the water.

calibogie.jpg

towtruck

Cadet

Great ride! That 4-stroke on the transom looks smooth and quiet. How's the get-up-and-go?

We've had a calibogie in the family since it was new, and we love it.

I notice you have the same trailer we have, and wonder if you've had the same difficulty winching the boat all the way on the trailer that we have had?

Did you get any kind of manual or spec list for the boat from the previous owner?? I'm asking because I may eventually want to re-engine (still have a 2-stroke), and wonder what the manufacturers weight/power limit is in the transom.

Enjoy the fishin!

grimpy

Seaman

towtruck said:
Great ride! That 4-stroke on the transom looks smooth and quiet. How's the get-up-and-go?

We've had a calibogie in the family since it was new, and we love it.

I notice you have the same trailer we have, and wonder if you've had the same difficulty winching the boat all the way on the trailer that we have had?

Did you get any kind of manual or spec list for the boat from the previous owner?? I'm asking because I may eventually want to re-engine (still have a 2-stroke), and wonder what the manufacturers weight/power limit is in the transom.

Enjoy the fishin!

Hello

I haven't had an opportunity to run it at wot... The lake I went to had a 5 mph limit... :(
The Honda outboard sure is quiet though!

As far as the trailer goes, yes I have the exact same problem... I see the entire bar the winch is attached to bend forward while trying to winch the boat in... Also the bow eye is above the bow stop and winch... The bow eye is very high on this boat...

I was wondering how your bunk boards were set up? Do you have any photo's of yours in the water and on the trailer by any chance?

As far as documentations go... I don't have anything... I don't even have the sticker that says what the capacity is... :)

towtruck

Cadet

Thought so...

The problem is that the whole bow stop assembly is a PO_. It's too flimsy, bu the real problem is that the winch is too low, so when the boat gets most of the way on the trailer, the winch pulls down, not forward. then the whole trailer bends etc.

I will be having a new bow-stop assembly made before the start of water-ski season (yep, you heard right). It's on blocks right now so the tires don't become square. Anyway, theres a trailer place here in cypress that quoted me 'between $200. and $300' to make a new one, but I've got a design in mind and will probably find a local welder to put it together.

Don't worry about the bunks... thats not the problem.

Sorry I don't have any good pictures of the boat... most of the ones we took were from before the time of digital cameras. Anyway, you'd see something that looks identical to your boat, except that ours still has the blue stripe along the side, similar to what you have at the side of your CC. As far as condition, ours looks like it's in about the same good condition as yours.

Here is a photo of what's left of our capacity sticker... Hope it helps..

Andy

towtruck

Cadet

Take II

(I actually read the directions this time)

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    54 bytes · Views: 1
  • P1010020.JPG
    54 bytes · Views: 0

towtruck

Cadet

Alrighty then...

Capacity sticker mailed to grimpy, and many thanks to Admiral for the tip about winch mounts and bases. Are pictures of these things available?? So far I've just found the listing, but I'll dig deeper. Thanks again!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

contact the company. the ones you have are for a john boat maybe, these are 3x3 with an angle brace. similar to this one, it's old no guess to how old, i've pull 4,000 lbs with it, has 3 speed winch.

MVC-027S.jpg