1995 Hydra-sport 175 LS Bass Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Bluck

Cadet
I'm thinking about buying this boat. The guy wants 7500$ the boat has a 150 johnson. The boat and engine looks like new. Is this a good buy?<br />Is a hydra-sport a good boat?? who made hydra-sport??? The boat has a stanless steel prop and a jack plate how fast will it run??<br />I fish bass tournamates and I have been fishing for the last 5 years out of a gruman with a 9.9<br />so this should be a big step up for me.

RickP

Cadet
Re: 1995 Hydra-sport 175 LS Bass Boat

Hydra Sports I believe were owned by OMC in 1995 but I am not sure. The combo on that boat if a true bass boat with the 150 and jack plate should run 65 mph +/- a few mph if it is propped correctly and the motor is in good condition.

Rusty Bluck

Cadet

Thanks for the Info. Is the boat worth it?? is hydra-sports boat any good??

audiodoode

Cadet

Howdy Rusty. I have a 1988 Hydra Sports X270 and it's as solid as a teenage cranium. It takes rough water very well, with no rattles or "loose" feeling at all.

lakerunner

Seaman

Rusty<br /><br />I think the last of the Hydra-Sports bassboats were built in 1998. The Hydra-Sports brand is still used on a line of saltwater boats; but they no longer produce any bassin hulls. <br /><br />I own a 1990 DV180 SX model Hydra-Sports. Nice solid boat.<br /><br />P.S. With the boat on the trailer trim up the engine and give it a good shake. Look for any movement in the transom. Next warm the engine up then run a compression test on all six cylinders. There shouldn't be more than 15 psi variation between the cylinders. Now if you can take it for a good 30 min test ride. <br /><br />Good luck

olefisherman

Cadet

one thing you should know the glass boats with big hp are go fast boats if they are not idling or on plane they are plowing . its a big change from little horses on alum.have fun . ps trim motor down before full throttle.

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

EDITED... I just realized this thread was 7 years old! Seriously?

Olefisherman, what in the heck was the point of resurrecting a dinosaur of a thread?

Last edited:

alphat1

Recruit

List price on a 1995 Hydra Sport bass boat is 30k, low retail is 8k average retail is 9k. Hydra sport marine was never owned by OMC or Evinrude as Evinrude was known in 1995. Hydra Sport bass boats are NOT FIBERGLASS, they are Kevlar Hulls, look on the transom the word KEVLAR is imprinted there.

Status
Not open for further replies.