Need Kicker bracket for Swim platform

joemamma_222

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey all Thought I'd try this out and see if anyone here may have a clue where i can get one of these... I need a Kicker motor bracket for a bayliner style swim platform., I just lost an ebay auction for one and have been scouring the internet for one. This should mount on a horizontal surface. Every bracket I see mounts to a vertical surface. If anyone has a boneyard close to them that they think I can call or know of a Place online I'd appreciate it ! Thanks !
Here's a couple of pics of what I need...

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4550644

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4550643

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Need Kicker bracket for Swim platform

They both look like fabrications. I'll bet a welding shop could put something together for you real quick. I saw one with a chunk of 2x8 carriage bolted between a pair of fancy heavy shelf brackets.

joemamma_222

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually the first one is manufactured with Hi Density Poly Somthing or other and had a serial number on it...
The one on the boat looks simple enuf.....The orig bayliner one sells for like 400 bucks !!! OEM...

Boatist

Rear Admiral

One thing I would say is they do not work well in Rough Ocean waters. I have seen several installed on the back of swim platforms. Each has had the same problem.

In Big Swells with the motor that far from the HULL motor will often come out of the water even with a 25 inch shaft. If you have any power applied motor revs way up then when motor dropps back in the water the shock of the load causes the flywheel Key to break.

Inland water and flat seas it works good.

joemamma_222

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Thanks Boatist !
I;ve got a 4 Cyl in my Trophy ( http://www.putfile.com/joemamma_222 .. A slow boat but I'll be going thru sea trials in mid march and It's nice to know I have an alternate source of power. It's funny you mention a 25" shaft... The Kicker motor is a sailboat motor If I've ever saw one. That thing IS 25" !!
Appreciale the help.. I've sent APB's all across the net looking for the braclet... I've got a month and a half left to find one...!
Thanks
Joe in Ohio

Boatist

Rear Admiral

They may have it here at I boats but I can never get the search to do a good job. It seams to give your have the stuff they sell and not what you searched for.

However West Marine Has one designed for a swim platform. Search for "Outboard motor swim bracket".

It is aluminum and polypropylene. It may need to be beefed up some.

Also Cabela's has one that could be made to work. Search Outboard kicker Bracket or 2ug-016822

joemamma_222

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Boatist...
This cabelas one is a no go. The west marine could definately work though and is worth a looksee... Thanks for the help !

HDPipes05

Seaman Apprentice

Old post but I'm looking for EXACTLY the same thing. Any one know how this turned out??????? :confused:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

start a new thread, include a picture of the back and side of the mounting area.