• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Kicker bracket for Swim platform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Kicker bracket for Swim platform

Hey all Thought I'd try this out and see if anyone here may have a clue where i can get one of these... I need a Kicker motor bracket for a bayliner style swim platform., I just lost an ebay auction for one and have been scouring the internet for one. This should mount on a horizontal surface. Every bracket I see mounts to a vertical surface. If anyone has a boneyard close to them that they think I can call or know of a Place online I'd appreciate it ! Thanks !
    Here's a couple of pics of what I need...

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4550644

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4550643

Re: Need Kicker bracket for Swim platform

double post
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

They both look like fabrications. I'll bet a welding shop could put something together for you real quick. I saw one with a chunk of 2x8 carriage bolted between a pair of fancy heavy shelf brackets.
      Hey, Have you seen? They make Really Cool life preservers nowadays.
      So "Looking Dorky" is no longer an excuse for not wearing one.

Comment

Actually the first one is manufactured with Hi Density Poly Somthing or other and had a serial number on it...
        The one on the boat looks simple enuf.....The orig bayliner one sells for like 400 bucks !!! OEM...

Comment

One thing I would say is they do not work well in Rough Ocean waters. I have seen several installed on the back of swim platforms. Each has had the same problem.

In Big Swells with the motor that far from the HULL motor will often come out of the water even with a 25 inch shaft. If you have any power applied motor revs way up then when motor dropps back in the water the shock of the load causes the flywheel Key to break.

Inland water and flat seas it works good.
          Have some fun and enjoy the Great Outdoors.
          Love to fish out of Bodega Bay, California.

Comment

Hey Thanks Boatist !
            I;ve got a 4 Cyl in my Trophy ( http://www.putfile.com/joemamma_222 .. A slow boat but I'll be going thru sea trials in mid march and It's nice to know I have an alternate source of power. It's funny you mention a 25" shaft... The Kicker motor is a sailboat motor If I've ever saw one. That thing IS 25" !!
            Appreciale the help.. I've sent APB's all across the net looking for the braclet... I've got a month and a half left to find one...!
            Thanks
            Joe in Ohio

Comment

They may have it here at I boats but I can never get the search to do a good job. It seams to give your have the stuff they sell and not what you searched for.

However West Marine Has one designed for a swim platform. Search for "Outboard motor swim bracket".

It is aluminum and polypropylene. It may need to be beefed up some.

Also Cabela's has one that could be made to work. Search Outboard kicker Bracket or 2ug-016822
              Have some fun and enjoy the Great Outdoors.
              Love to fish out of Bodega Bay, California.

Comment

Thanks Boatist...
                This ******* one is a no go. The west marine could definately work though and is worth a looksee... Thanks for the help !

Comment

Old post but I'm looking for EXACTLY the same thing. Any one know how this turned out???????
                  Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!

"87" 2750 Ciera, 5.7 Cobra I/O
                  "03" Nitro NX 750, 90hp Merc. O/B

Comment

start a new thread, include a picture of the back and side of the mounting area.
                    FLORIDA GATORS
                    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
                    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by tashasdaddy View Post
                      start a new thread, include a picture of the back and side of the mounting area.
                      Done, Thanks!
                      Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!

"87" 2750 Ciera, 5.7 Cobra I/O
                      "03" Nitro NX 750, 90hp Merc. O/B

Comment

Working...
                      X