Trophy and Angler Boats

motownbob

Seaman Apprentice
Hi, i would like some feed back on Trophy and Angler boats. Quality, construction,reputation, fishability, any problems owners may have had. I'm looking for a good 21-24 wac, and i am considering these two among others. Thanks, bob

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Trophy and Angler Boats

I would consider both in the entry level category.

JRJ

Commander

New? Of those two, I like the Trophy.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Angler ... I love .... , for fishing trophy is better, for fun, angler ...

Kajun37

Petty Officer 1st Class

they both have bad reputations ...they are entry levels boats and they are built cheaply.

Fishmore

Cadet

I have the Trophy 2052 with the Diesel engine. I run up to 80 miles offshore for Tuna but spend most of my time fishing Salmon closer towards shore in the Pacific Ocean. This boat has a good ride, it's dry and very comfortable. It will not beat you up in the chop and for fuel economy this diesel will top anything in it's size range. I run right long with my friends in larger 25' boats without a problem and the boat has always run well. In the late 80's and early 90's this manufacturer did have some problems but the new ones are not built cheaply everything is thru bolted and very solid. In the three plus years I have had her I have had to replace a washdown pump and I upgraded the steering from cable rack & pinion to Hydraulic. Everything else is working fine. Before choosing this boat I shopped extensivly and sea trialed quite a few boats in this size before deciding on this one. The thing that did it for me was the diesel engine and the price.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Kajun, how did your engine die?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

bassboy, 16 years is a long life for a 1990 force, that was the transition period, when you didn't know who made it. i just parted out a 50hp.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I know that. forces are nightmares. I wouldn't buy one in a million years. I just thought that maybe their was something exciting that killed it. Something that killed it menacingly.