Honda control box (hay Valv this one might be for you)

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just purchased a 99 Honda 90 to re-power a Bayliner, my question is this. My boat came with a Force outboard and a side mount control box that was mounted into the side of the boat, the Honda side mount is a surface mount and has the cables and wires outside. Does anyone have a factory rigged Honda, and how do they handle the cables and wires, do they run them exposed or cut into the side of the boat and run them that way. If they do, is there a grommet or something around the opening to make it look professional. Thank you for any help, and Merry Christmas. :D

D

DJ

Re: Honda control box (hay Valv this one might be for you)

radshr,<br /><br />Hail a guy on this board by the name of "Valv".<br /><br />I think he has one.

Skinnywater

Commander

Mine are housed in black plastic conduit. This conduit is about 2" in diameter and is the same as is used for wireing looms. It is tie wraped with black nylon ties.<br />On my particular application it is mounted to the side of my center console. The wire harness and cables are run through a 2" hole in the console and straight down under my floorboards back up to my Honda. The conduit is run the entire length.<br /><br />Try JC Whitney?

D

DJ

As a matter of fact, Valv. had some of that rigging tubing on his website. However, it seems to be down. :(

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanx for the info guys, what a great site. Anybody else out there that might have a side mount rig?

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

^

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

^

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

^^

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

^

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

last chance?

Valv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Radsrh, sorry for the delay, I am setiing up site and it takes time for a single guy...<br />Anyway, I used to have remote control like you wanted but.....I am out. Only one I have right now is a Suzuki flush mount.<br /><br />But I have conduit, how many feet do you need, here's pic:<br /><br /> http://www.kvesurplus.com/rigginghose.jpg <br /><br />This is not the lightweight stuff you buy at hardware store, it's really heavy duty plastic.<br /><br />Thanks.

Skinnywater

Commander

Yeah, that's the stuff I was talking about.

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for getting back to me Valv I will place a order for some soon that looks exactly like what I was after.