What year is my Sterncraft boat?

gatekeeper1

Recruit
I have a Sterncraft tri-hull boat that I recently purchased and need to know what year it is. The Ser. No. is 17055503. Can someone please tell me the year?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: What year is my Sterncraft boat?

[color=lt blue]Your serial # does not look corrcet. It should look like one of these pictured below. You would find this # on the upper starboard outside portion of the transom. If, it was built on or after Nov 1 1972.

If it was built after Aug 1 1984 it should look like the first pic. The second two pics are pre 1984 formats.

aft84.gif

pre842.gif

pre841.gif

[/color]

gatekeeper1

Recruit

Reel said:
[color=lt blue]Your serial # does not look corrcet. It should look like one of these pictured below. You would find this # on the upper starboard outside portion of the transom. If, it was built on or after Nov 1 1972.

If it was built after Aug 1 1984 it should look like the first pic. The second two pics are pre 1984 formats.

aft84.gif

pre842.gif

pre841.gif

[/color]

gatekeeper1

Recruit

Thanks for the info commander. I'll have to look closer to find it. The only number I could find was underneath the steering wheel on a tag. I contacted the Dept. of wildlife & fisheries about it. They said it was last registered as a 1970 but could be older bacause their records didn't go back that far. But I will look again.

Thanks again

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

If your boat was built before 1972 It probably does not have a number resembleing any of the pics above. That being said, I would not have a clue about how to determine what year it was manufactured.

Good luck d:)