Inlet valve to livewell replacement?

mheere

Recruit
Hi all,<br /><br />So, I'm the proud new owner of a 2001 Pro Crappie 175. Only problem with the boat is that the valve where water enters the front live well has snapped clean off. I'm left with a bit of pipe/hose burried in the side of the boat, and an the fitting rattling around in the bottom of the livewell.<br /><br />Anyone have any idea what it takes to replace such a thing? I hate to think what a dealer is going to charge me to replace this dumb little piece of plastic.<br /><br />Seems like if I could get the correct parts, the installation isn't that tricky save for fishing the supply hose out far enough to work with it.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Matt

woodduck17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Inlet valve to livewell replacement?

Matt---try posting this in the "Boat topics and questions-not engine" section. I think more people might see it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Matt, welcome to iboats.<br />Yea, like woodduck says, let's get this over to the Boat topics and questions(non engine) forum, and that is where it's gone.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you're right installing a thru hull fitting is easy. getting the hose on it is the hard part. do you have assess. the fitting has to go in from the outside and the nut from the inside then the hose and clamp. access is the problem. could you post some pictures. is your live well molded in to the cap of the boat. right now you have a boat with a hole in it. by the way, welcome to iboats. get back to me.

mheere

Recruit

First off, let me express my sincere thanks to those of you putting in the time to help a newbie to the forum get oriented!<br /><br />As for me access - it is limited. The livewell itself is simply bolted into place, and can be removed fairly easily. However, the break occured right at the end of the hose where it meets up with the plastic fitting.<br /><br />I can post some pictures shortly. Today it's raining like mad here in Philly. I'm thinking an ark would server me better than a Tracker ;)

RobDar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a pro team 175...<br />with the old aluminum live well...<br />is yours aluminum or the plastic?<br />The plastic livewell is removeable/replaceable... <br />I am not understanding...did it break on the livewell side or the intake side?<br />If it were me....I would simply buy a whole new kit...thru-hull fitting...hose...livewell fitting...the works and replace the whole deal. The kits are pretty inexpensive...and I think you will likely save yourself time and frustration starting fresh with a new kit.

mheere

Recruit

I've got the plastic livewell. I did notice that it looks like I only have to remove 2-3 screws and the whole works comes out.<br /><br />I'll look into the kit. I definately need new fittings and I suppose if I'm to get the hose in the kit I may as well put it in. Not sure exactly when the hose runs to. The front livewell and baitwell share drain plumbing. Guess I assumed that they share inlet plumbing as well.