Pontoon Boats/Keel Guards

BusRo

Cadet
Hello, <br />I have a 2004 Sun Tracker Regency. Has anyone put on Keel Guards to protect the front when you beach the boat? Any particular brand, pros and cons?<br />Thanks!

studlymandingo

Commander
Re: Pontoon Boats/Keel Guards

My neighbor has a set on his SmokerCraft Pontoon. I've never owned a 'toon, but I would say any of the brands would do the trick.

markvan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

my neighbor put one on his 23' glastron as he was beaching it often, he claimed the "keelshield" was the best as they use a 3m adhesive that is much harder to eel off then the adhesive used on the "keel guard brand"

flashback

Captain

years ago my dad and I had a house boat we would beach quite often.. we had a heavy canvas tarp tied to the rail across the front of the deck, when we started toward the beach, we just unrolled it and pulled it back under the bow and then beached the boat on top of it. worked good but the beaches were mostly sand and small rocks.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Looks like it might work...They got them at iboats....<br /><br />
26722DSM.jpg

TGreen072

Recruit
I have a 24" Lowes Pontoon. Last week we were helping a neighbor pull his dock around. When we parked my boat it wasnt taking on any water. We had found we sheared the prop. I was out with out my husband and tried to throttle it(of course after new prop went on). I got up to about 3000 rpm and noticed water coming in in front of my seats. Under the seats were dry. I slowly lost rmps. ANY IDEAS?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have a 24" Lowes Pontoon. Last week we were helping a neighbor pull his dock around. When we parked my boat it wasnt taking on any water. We had found we sheared the prop. I was out with out my husband and tried to throttle it(of course after new prop went on). I got up to about 3000 rpm and noticed water coming in in front of my seats. Under the seats were dry. I slowly lost rmps. ANY IDEAS?

Yes. Start a new thread after clicking on the Forum Help in the sig below and reading. This thread is over 9 years old.