Polishing aluminum boat....

KO

Cadet
I recently acquired an 17ft. 1984 Bass Tracker, the boat is in very good shape but just to see if I could make it shine in the future I applied a little Mother's and created a nice shiney swirl. I bought some "Nevr-dull" and plan to attack every piece of aluminum on the boat this weekend with this polish. My question is, what is the best way to preserve this high shine finish and hold off quick oxidation/loss of shine? I suppose ole Meguiar's car wax won't do the trick, so what will?<br /><br />Thanks

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Polishing aluminum boat....

:eek: :eek: Wow, you have a lot more time on your hands than I do. :eek: Once you do this you will be in a never ending cycle of polishing. One other thing you might concider is that if you do it all over, you may get a sun reflection in the water that may scare fish.

KO

Cadet

Ok maybe I'll just polish up the interior aluminum pieces then :D

KO

Cadet

Holy Batman! I'm not looking to blind anyone or myself I just want a little shine, ha ha:)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Polished aluminum boat? That's a waste of time. You'd never want to put it back in the water. :eek: If you do, just enter it in shows. Like the cars in car shows that are otherwise useless (no pistons, etc,). Spend that time more wisely, by drowning worms. ;)

Jeepster318

Recruit

you have any cracks in the hull ? I got an 90 Tracker for a grand and patching a few cracks in it