Flitz Polish

eeboater

Commander
Alrighty guys, I'm eyeing up my nasty scudgy hull/gelcoat where the PO didn't lay a finger on making it look gleaming like she deserves.<br /><br />My brother works with a gal whose grandparents own Flitz. There really hasn't been much discussion on this forum about this product. Has anyone used it? And, if you have - what quantity is required to do a good job. They have a 5 oz (IMO - TINY!!) bottle that they are selling for $22.95. They have a 2 lb can of the paste version for $55 :eek: <br /><br />Is this worth it? Photos on their website say yes... but I want to hear from you guys.<br /><br />Sean

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Flitz Polish

I would recommend the Meguiar's. West Marine has the three part kit on sale now for 20 bucks. This stuff is awsome, I swear. Get youself one of these with the money you'll save and<br /><br />Get-er-Done
tylertool_1889_24148881.gif

sangerwaker

Commander

Agreed. Meguires is great stuff. I think the Flitz is grossly over-priced. Save your money for boat gas and use the Meguires. A buffer, as RP posted, works awesome with some polishing compound. Have anyone you could borrow one from? A good one can be pricey, but can you ever have too many tools? :D :D

eeboater

Commander

Funny you guys mention that... I was flipping through the West Marine ad last night and saw that the Meguiars stuff is on sale... heading over there today to pick up a package of it before it sells out :D

tunacious

Seaman Apprentice

Flitz is great for stainless and aluminum, Ok for fiberglass. I bought a quart size can and it lasted about 5 years. Try 3M cleaner/polish with an electric buffer/sander and finish up with your favorite wax.