Lenco Marine Trolling Motors

TNman232

Recruit
I just bought a Crownline 240 EX deckboat and I love it. However, as I have discovered, I am in the same "boat" as a number of you. I had to sacrifice a little of the fishing use of the boat and go toward a more family use type boat. This boat is great and has a shallow draft, but I want to add a trolling motor. The bow has an area where a trolling motor can be mounted with a little customizing to the mount. I found the Lenco Marine trolling system which seems to be the best as far as design go for use on a deck boat like mine. There were a few posts from 6 months ago or longer from people looking at them but no one actually were using them. Anyone out there with first hand knowledge of these or have any other suggestions or options? <br /><br /> http://www.lencomarine.com/trollingmotorswi.html

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lenco Marine Trolling Motors

Not on my boat! Their slogan says "motors belong on the back of the boat -- not the front" is very wrong when it comes to trolling motors. Especially in the wind and the bigger the boat the more affect the wind has. Ever sit in the back of canoe and try to make headway in a sidewind. The front will always be pushed to the side. You need to sit in the front to paddle a canoe with a side wind. Looks funny but it works. Same principle applies to trollers.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Lenco Marine Trolling Motors

Troller topic.