boat leveler switch w/ bennet tabs

cornholio

Cadet
Hello. <br />Easy rocker switch question.<br />Just received a switch from ebay "boat leveler manufacturing co. " manufactured it. Want to use it with bennet trim tabs.<br />
SWITCHFRONT.jpg
SWITCHBACK.jpg
<br /><br /><br />I need to know how to wire it to the harness. Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: boat leveler switch w/ bennet tabs

I Think you might have some Problems with that........<br /><br />I'm pretty sure that the Bennett equivalent 1, has some different wiring,.... Just so you Can't send power to 2 different directions at the same time.........<br /><br />I believe that's Why the 2 switch, switches are Sooo much more expensive, than the single toggle switch..........

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Bondo:<br />I'm pretty sure that the Bennett equivalent 1, has some different wiring,.... Just so you Can't send power to 2 different directions at the same time.........
Actually that is handled by a seperate breaker switch thingy that the control harness plugs into and then the thingy plugs into the pump. You can run them without the thingy, but they will blow fuses if you trim up and down at the same time. The thingy failed on me once and if bypassed everything works fine, but again, a direct connection allows you to blow fuses if you push one tab up and one tab down.<br /><br />I am not sure about the correct wiring though . . . There should be some destructions with color coding that corresponds to the Bennett harness available somwhere?

lymanlover

Recruit

This post is 3 years after the fact, so I am sure that you figured it out. What I would like to know is where I might be able to find an exact match to the face plate. The one I have is faded beyond recognition and I would like to replace it.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Would you be interested in a brand new White Bennett switch? Let me know. $40 and it's yours. Dual rocker.