Ped Seat Bases

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ped Seat Bases

So any other comments on these? Still havnt mount them yet, floor is 1.5" thick where I will be through bolting them so thats a non-issue. <br /><br />11" base, 3/4" pin base.<br /><br />Some more comments would be great- if you have these in your boat let me know what they are like, thanks.

Johnshan1

Well I installed a seat, its solid, but sits too high, cant find any posts shorter then 11" so I am going to have to try something else. Did find a 9" base but the total with seats were going to be $460 which is just too much money. Decided to go with 2 small back to back seats, total of $200 and no more worrys about the base issue.

heycods

Captain

when I have 3 in the boat one sets on the rear seat in my bass boat, we just remove the 11" pedistel and put the sear directly in the base plate, these are 3/4 pin seats. Works fine. Build you some short pedistels out of pipe and a long 3/4 bolt

John_S

Rear Admiral

FWIW, I ended up using non-swapping bases for my primary driver and passenger seats. Also the old 12" mushroom pedastals were too high. This is the type I used: web page The 9" version. <br /><br />For seats, I purchased new Tempress, from FishOn, on Ebay. Can't remember the price but it was good, and seats are great. Better than the Action high-backs, we used to have. <br /><br />
starcraft3.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Note: edited to provide an iBoats link for the pedastal, sorry.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

That's the kind of base I was talking about. If you tear that thing out you'd better sell your boat and do somehting else for recreation. Grin.<br /><br />Mark

John_S

Rear Admiral

Forgot to add, the flooring is 1/2" exterior plywood. In the seat base area, there are extra 2' x 3' x 1/2", glued and screwed to the underside of the top floor, under each seat base. With only one season of use, they have held strong.

Johnshan1

Thanks guys, John S I used to have a 14' starcraft that looks almost identical to yours! Mine was an explorer I think it was called, center console model with a livewell under the seat. Nice boat!<br /><br />I will check out those seat bases, im leaning towards the back to back seats now, we shall see.