• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ped Seat Bases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ped Seat Bases

I am putting a new floor into my boat, 1/2" plywood. I am going to install 4 of these bases: I bought the seat bases and posts, the warning says not to exceed 5 mph with these seat bases, its the 3/4" pin system, should I worry or will they be ok and are just on their to cover them? What should I do? Thanks-John

Re: Ped Seat Bases

I have never heard of a speed restriction based on seat bases. I would want a thicker floor than 1/2" though. I can see some 280 lb guy with a belly full of bas beer leaning back and - - - -

Comment

1/2" floor is pretty common, what would you recommend?

Comment

Anyone? Anyone ever use these 3/4" pin seats?

Comment

Those seats are for Fishing From........Not to Go Boating In..........I Think you're headed in the Wrong Direction.........
          Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

So what do I need to reach my goal? Goal is to have removable seats, cant seem to find any like these 3/4" pin seats?

Comment

Just found these they are brand new: Price Total: $71 ouch....still looking for options....

Comment

I pull my seat's off my bass boat, put them in the cover part of floor,then i go at speed i don't need a seat flying off.

Comment

The seats will serve as primary seats while underway. If I am alone I will have only 1 seat in the boat, if I am trolling with a buddy then 2 seats, taking grandma for a cruise, you get the idea

Comment

Scuse me, my keyboard is malfunctioning....no parentheses and other things up there.....I know that boats that are equipped with a plush cabin...like Searay have pedestal upholstered wraparound arm chairs...very big and heavy....and they are mounted on a pretty large pedestal and that is what you sit in when underway. Also know that the deck may be 1/2 inch marine plywood wrapped in fiberglas, but where a seat mounts, they double or triple it up. I have shopped seats at Cabela's, like a Tempress Pro. Not what you are after; I was looking for a bass boat leaning seat, but they have lots of different types and pedestals.....or just go to www and look for boat seats, and/or boat seat pedestals.HTH.Mark
                    If you are new to boating or have a new boat, a knowledgeable friend could show you how to operate your boat and save you a lot of grief, maybe some money, and maybe your life.

Comment

I've got a few Friends that use These,.........Really........... I like These Better,........ They have Built-in Beer Holders..........
                      Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

ROTFLOL @ BondoThat reminds me, saw an elderly couple use those one day. As they left the doc Pawpaw showered down on the throttle and both Paw and Maw tumbled to the back of the boat. Those chairs folded up like a beer can. The boat kept going as Pawpaw scrambled back to the helm. Once under control he returned to the doc and loaded her back on the trailer. I guess they enjoyed all they could stand.Really
                        Of those who receive good advice, only the wise will profit from it.

If you need it....Get it
                        If you want it....Wait
                        If you have it....Flaunt it

sigpic

Comment

yup I have bases just like the far left in your photo...in 1/2 inch plywood, the base is solid as a rock. They have the "not for use over trolling speed" warning, too. My impression was always that was because of the danger of sitting high on the deck at cruising speed. But the base and pedestal together can take a lot of punishment. Maybe if you're using a real tall pedestal so more leverage on it...I'm just guessing about that.How fast we talkin bout here?
                          It's all about the tools.

"If the ocean is glass flat and the sun is shining, you open up the special memory compartment of your brain and start recording the smells, sounds, sights and feelings." -- Philster

"Poets talk about 'spots of time,' but it is really fishermen who experience eternity compressed into a moment. No one can tell what a spot of time is until suddenly the whole world is a fish and the fish is gone. I shall remember that son of a b**** forever." -- N. Maclean

Comment

my boat will do 33 mph wide open, if its rough we cruise out at 15-20 mph. Its just a small 15' fishing boat with a ped height of 11". I replaced the floor and installed 1" thick poplar boards between the stringers where I am going to mount these seats so I should be good to go for mounting whatever I choose to do. I thank you for your input!

Comment

I think the warning comes from the seat being able to swivel. You want to be able to lock it down, when under way.

Comment

Working...
                              X