Are Ranger Boats still a "Ranger" ?

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Are Ranger Boats still a "Ranger" ?

OK maybe i need to go look at them again.thanks for all the info.as for the guy with the ranger im glad you found a good boat.i to im one of those guys that cant afford a new boat after looking around. i will stick with my 1998 Triton i hope someday i can find a good boat i would like a walleye boat myself the wind blows a lot in Kansas makes the water rough.but those are hard to find used around here.

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can find flaws in every boat..no matter who makes it, as with any vehicle.you have to decide what you want in a boat and come as close as you can to that ...within your budget. i bought a 97 ranger r80 sport two years ago and cant say anything bad about it....its in excellent shape and needs nothing.honestly i think they are all over priced.

mhugh007

Recruit

Yes. Ranger boats are still a Ranger. I have fished them all, for money and pleasure for over 40 years. Have owned and/or fished out of Nitro, Skeeter, Champion, Charger, Lund, Triton, Stratos, Bass Cat, Pro Craft, Javelin, Ranger, and about everything else at one time or another. Most are good boats, but the Stratos and Nitro. Poor quality, poor performance.

They call it the "Ranger Ride" for a reason. It is, by far, the best boat of the bunch. Best ride, performance, durability, quality of workmanship, and best support as far as help and warranty. No comparison. Period. Next question.

264Douglas

Recruit

I have owned six bass boats thus far, including a Skeeter and a Ranger. The 2004 Ranger I purchased is by far the best quality boat of all six. It has been far better than the Skeeter I previously owned. Basically nothing has gone wrong with the Ranger since I bought it new in 04. I kept the Skeeter for 10 years and within the first year that boat was in the shop several times. The dealer would repair whatever was wrong under warranty and within a few months the repair would go bad. The Skeeter was simply not designed nearly as well as the Ranger and the Skeeter was a poor quality boat.

rnummy

Recruit

I recently went out and tested the top three boats for 2010. I have always ran a ranger, but I felt like I should give the others a try. The Ranger Z520 is what I ended up buying. Not because of the ranger name but because it was the best boat I rode/fished out of. I have only had this boat for about three months; however, it has exceeded my expectations. I think the FX20 and the eyra were both nice boats but just did not meet my expectations after fishing out of the ranger.

---This is to Sketterboy
-- The reason everyone has one is because they are the best at what they do. Allison and the rest of the speed boats you mentioned are not in a fishing category to me. If you want to go 80+ Ranger is not the boat for you, but if you want the highest quality Bass Boat out there that has been tested and proven purchase a Ranger. END OF STORY

Willyclay

Captain

Welcome to the forum. Some great members here. This thread is five years old and Skeeterboy has not posted in this forum since 2006. Glad you like your Ranger.