looking for a good vinyl cleaner.....

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Any suggestions? Have vinyl seats and they were white now they're off white or rather dirt white. Any suggestions on how to make them look new again? Household products?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: looking for a good vinyl cleaner.....

One of the best for white seats is Soft scrub with bleach.Regular softscrub works well too but the ss with bleach works best on white.Make sure if you go over any threads not to scrub too hard and be certain to rinse well.A green scrub pad should make the job easy to do.Finish with a quality dressing like formula 303.ChaRLIE

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works great. You go through alot of them, but the seats come out great. Follow it up with some 303 protectant and you're all set.

boater4life

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's as well and found them to be the best to date.

redblur

Seaman Apprentice

Saddle soap seems to work the best for me.

magster65

Commander

Quite often the stain originates inside the cushion so there's no magic cure. If this is the case, straight bleach will bring them back the best. Wipe it on, let it sit for a few seconds then wipe it off. Following that, get the hose and scrub the rest with water. There's enough chlorine residual to finish up around the threads. A protectant should be used after the bleach is rinsed off.

Manipulator

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Excellent ideas! I totally forgot about those magic erasers, those do work great for all sorts of things. They are pricey though.

magster65

Commander

Originally posted by Manipulator:<br /> Excellent ideas! I totally forgot about those magic erasers, those do work great for all sorts of things. They are pricey though.
Bleach is cheap. Let us know your results. I tried a bunch of cleaners but the bleach worked the best.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I will second the soft scrub. Make sure you rinse it all off though and apply a protectant. I have lots of original white vinyl on my '88 Baja that still looks new and I use regular soft scrub, sparingly though.

garycinn

Chief Petty Officer

Slightly watered down or full strength Fantastic spray is good. Follow-up with a rinse cloth, dry, and 303 protectant.<br /><br />The 303 erasers are great too.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

If you use bleach use it sparingly and flush well. It will "eat" the threads in the stitching.

Annabelle

Recruit

I've gone so far as to make a paste of our pool shock-it along with trying comit, pine-sol, oxyclean paste all using a stiff brissel brush to try and get the white seats to come clean without result. Do you think softscrub would be a more diluted version of the shock-it or should I give it a try. I will grab a few magic erasers to see if that helps as well - Argh the frustration!!!! :)

Ralph 123

Captain

This stuff is amazing (but pricey)<br /><br />
product_M3916.jpg
<br /><br />If you can find "grease lightening" in your area it is pure magic on almost anything. I buy it and use it by the gallon.

Dave S3948

Cadet

Bleche-White made by Westleys does a great job. It's designed to be a tire cleaner but I use it on Vinyl and leather. It does as good a job as the Mr Clean Magic Eraser Sponges.