Anyone use keelshield or keelguard?

Drybo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Going to install a keel strip on the bottom of 17 ft. runabout. It looks like it would protect bottom when beaching or docking. Some of the ads say it is possible to pull up to a concrete ramp<br />with it w/o damage to hull. Any opinions appreciated.

txswinner

Banned
Re: Anyone use keelshield or keelguard?

It is worth the money and i have noticed no difference in performance. No more chips and scrapes.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have met people from both companies and was impressed with both them and their products. I personally have a keelshield on my boat just because that is the product line we (iboats.com) sell.

Drybo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, Txswinner and Admin5, I also forgot to do a search, good info there too.

Realgun

Commander

Hate to say it but that 100 dollars I paid for the KeelGuard was worth every penny!

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Any of you have pics? I dont beach because I dont want to damage the keel... would like to see them installed if any of you have pics. Thanks<br /><br />p.s. great picture iboats has of the keelshield on the jetski. Nice curves :D

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have the Megaware piece on my boat and wouldn't be without it. It allows me to park on the boat ramp when I have to get my truck while retrieving solo. It beats parking in the mud! (I am normally retieving at 3:00 a.m. and the traffic then is pretty light. LOL)<br /><br /> It's hard to see from a distance- the white blends very well. <br /><br /> Well worth the money. <br /><br />UFM82
ProLineClean6.jpg

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think I like it... might need to get one :) our beaches here are shale and hard rock.

Realgun

Commander

634.jpg
<br /><br />Here you go.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm sold... you should see the beaches here... hard rock and shale. a definite must...<br />now they need to make one of those for my skeg that I keep dragging by leaving my lower unit down when pulling it out of the water. :D got a nice flat surface on it now hehe