Angler boats - any good, issues?

dpski

Cadet
Is anyone out there familiar with Angler boats? These are the fiberglass boats from Angler Boat Corp of Miami, FL. I'm considering the purchase of a 1999 18' Center Console.<br /><br />Any thoughts good or bad would be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Don

MIKE F

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Angler boats - any good, issues?

I suggest you go to the search feature above and look for Angler boats. You're not the first to ask. :D <br />I had an 18'CC Angler now I have a 20'CC Angler.

dpski

Cadet

MikeF, thanks I did the search as you suggested, thanks for the headsup. Doesn't seem to be anything of terrible mention. I know Angler are not considered to be at the same caliber as Whalers or Gradys, but then again I'm not on the water 7 days a week, it's more like 14 days a year for me, with a couple of extra fresh water pond hopping days for some large mouth bass. Any advice you could lend for when I inspect the 1999 18' Center Console? I believe in 1999 Angler used wood stringers encapsulated in fiberglass, however I'm not sure if they went to a composite transom then or not. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you prefer, thanks Don, dpski@mail.com

MIKE F

Petty Officer 1st Class

dpski,<br />I think the 18' Angler, would be fine, for your needs. A 115Hp, would probably give you, somewhere around mid to upper forties top speed. My 1999 20'CC (built in Aug 98) has a composite transom, and wood stringers. Not exactly sure when they went to all composite. I believe it was sometime in 99. The only problems I had, with either of my Anglers, were air bubbles, or voids in the gelcoat(on the 18'- mainly on one side of the liner) and a few stress cracks, on the 20'.My 18' did have a problem with water, that got in to the transom, because they didn't caulk 2 thru-hulls. That was just a stupid mistake, on some riggers part. I wouldn't worry if that boat does have wood in the stringers, they had been making them like that for almost 30 years.These cosmetic problems, if any should be clear to see. Neither of my Anglers, had any problems with the hull.That 99 should have a lifetime limited hull warranty. I don't know, if it's transferable.<br />Hope this helps ;)