Angler 204F center console, comments

rleckste

Cadet
Was looking to purchase a 1998 Angler center console model 204F. Anyone have any experience with Angler products or this model particular.<br />Thanks.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Angler 204F center console, comments

I haven't looked at one in several years. Here in Miami they used to be regarded in a class of boats known as the "Hialeah Specials." They were considered an entry level boat. They may have changed so I hope you get more input.

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sight down the sides and bottom of the hull, looking for bulges, waves, and indentations; then compare the results with other higher priced boats. Surprisingly, some of the best I've seen are Wellcrafts, regardless of price, and that's a high-production boat. Genmar seems to know what they're doing.<br /><br />The Angler is a good looking boat, though.

Brett777

Cadet

Beernuts, what do the waves on the side of the hull mean? I have that on an 83 Mako. Problem? What to do?

BillP

Captain

4wheeler,<br />The Miami area is some tough water and boats not built too well don't stay around the area long. Biscayne Bay beats them up. Angler has been around for a lot of years (25?)down there. You could do a lot worse.<br /><br />Just for your info, Hialeah has a large industrial complex area that houses boat factories.

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just an opinion, UTG, but I think it means the hull shoulda been layed up a little thicker.

MIKE F

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beernutz,<br />I believe, that's just plain wrong. Sighting down the hull sides, bottom or anywhere, is going to show you, how well the plug, for the original mold was faired, and nothing else.

jocko_nc

Seaman

From my investigation, Angler is a decent, mid-grade CC fishing boat. Include also Key West and Sea Pro. Personally, I think Sea Pro makes the best value of the three since 1998 on. Anglers have inproved recently. (1999 to present)<br /><br />I would not use any of the "value" makes for hard use offshore. They will not last as well as the more expensive makes, all else equal. A more "value conscious" make for hard use would probably be a Parker or a Cape Horn. These are nice rugged fishing platforms that cost 70% of a Grady, etc.<br /><br />Good luck.<br /><br />jocko

BillP

Captain

Ditto with what Mike F said. The "waves" just show someone didn't take a lot of time detailing the plug which...and that is what the mold is taken off of.