Quicksilver 3000 Classic side mount control box

TUCKER1

Seaman
I am looking for any info on how to disassemble the above unit. I have a bad trim/tilt switch on the lever. any help would be much appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks<br />tucker1

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Quicksilver 3000 Classic side mount control box

Please stand by while I search the stack of papers for the info you need. :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ok, wanted to double check the instructions as its been quite a while since I've done this.<br /><br />Push the throttle only button in and push the throttle forward. Now pull out the throttle only button and remove it. <br />It pops out.<br /><br />This will reveal a hex head bolt, remove it and the handle should pull off. Them separate the handle in half. That bolt should get some Loctite when you put it back in.

TUCKER1

Seaman

roscoe,<br /><br /><br />Thanks for the Info

TUCKER1

Seaman

roscoe,<br /><br />I just completed the job. The T/T Switch was fine it was a wire that came loose. Your directions were right on the mark. I just hope that I put the throttle in the correct position will take it for a test run later this week.<br /><br />Thanks Again

rails325

Recruit

Have similar problem. Reassembled, works, but doesnt lock into neutral. Any ideas?

asm_

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please stand by while I search the stack of papers for the info you need. :)

Whata service!! Only if I can get the same from my local dealer, instead of blank look on any question I asked. :)

Now, while we have Quicksilver 3000 Classic expert here, do you happen to know if the control should allow me to start the motor when lever is advanced to forward position with throttle only button depressed?

Thanks

B