new snap cover installed...

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer
finally, the snap cover was installed and i got it back from the dealer about 2 weeks ago. the cover did not come from glastron for the boat, but it was made by a lady who specically fits and makes her own covers from scratch for each particular boat. i think it looks great, but the only problems are that some of the front snaps come undone while trailering and that i have to take it back in to get a hole cut in for the ski pylon. what do you guys think? <br />
100_0538.jpg
<br /><br />
100_0537.jpg

tommays

Admiral
Re: new snap cover installed...

it will protect the boat BUT if you haveing snaps pop when your trailering i would leave it off<br /><br />i had that problem when i switched from a van to a truck and it started doing more harm than good with the snaps slaping things<br /><br />tommays

Bondo

Staff member

Going to "Common Sense" type of Snaps worked out Great on My top,.........<br /><br />It used to pop the snaps at below 60mph,....... Now it'll take 80mph+..........<br />(On the Trailer,.. Of Course,.... :D )

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

There is a way to fix the snap popping problem. What happens at the bow cover is air gets under the leading edge. a "bra" that goes over the bow and extends just past the front snaps will fix that problem. As for the area at the base of the windshield, just have her add a flap at the back of the bow cover and add velcro to it and also to the windshield cover at the base of the windshield. You want air to flow over the seams and open areas not under it.

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer

thanks...yea im going to take it to the dealer and have them fix it since its all under warrenty...thats one of the reasons you buy a new boat right...