Anyone use a Swivl-eze deck mount ski pylon ?

Roj115

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,<br /><br />I'm thinking about buying one of those Swivl-eze Deck mount pylons for my ski boat and I was wondering if anyone out there has one or has used one in the past and what they thought about them. <br /><br />The model I'm referring to is the one that's specifically for outboard motor boats. It looks like a tripod that has three telescoping legs that are all the same size and and mount within the motor well. It is NOT the kind that has two small support legs and one large main post which mounts to the floor of the boat. On this model, two of the telescoping legs attach to the transom or on the side of the motor well just ahead of the transom and the other leg mounts at the front of the motorwell. <br /><br />Here's a link to a pic of one:<br /> Swivl-Eze deck mount pylon <br /><br />Anyways, I was just wondering if people that had them or had used them in the past were happy/satisfied with them and if anyone has had any problems with them.<br /><br />Anyone got a second hand one for sale ?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Roj

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone use a Swivl-eze deck mount ski pylon ?

i just had one similar to that installed on my glastron. it was 350 dollars installed as well. the only thing is that mine has no support arms at all, its just one poll that weighs about 30-40 pounds. as you can see im pulling 3 tubes and 4 people and didnt once ever have a problem. that thing is so solid. when i first saw it i was wondering where the support brackets were, but the dealer said that this specific poll was so strong that it does not need support brackets. overall, i like the appearance more too rather than having 2 other legs stick out down to the back of the transom. <br /><br />
100_0438.jpg
<br />
100_0432.jpg

sangerwaker

Commander

The pylons w/o arms like above are like the tournament style ski boats. They should be attached to a plate under the floor, which attaches to the stringers of the boat. They are extremely strong.<br /><br />05GlastronSX, I would strongly recommend occasionally checking the tightness of the bolts that attach your pylon at the base. They do tend to loosen up.

Roj115

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for your comments, unfortunately neither of them really answered my question. The pylon system I'm looking at buying is nothing like the systems you're talking about. Click on the link provided in the original posting and you'll see what I mean.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Roj

phantoms

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've been thinking of adding one such as found here ( http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/10001/-1/10001/239507/10001/11060/390/23 ) and also wondered how well they would work. I got to see one in action last weekend on the lake. It was a custom built unit and they were pulling skies, wakeboards and later a tube with it. Worked very good and seems to keep the tow rope above the wake when pulling a tube. They had it permantly bolted (no quick release pins) and swear by it.

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry for the late reply... I was on vacation (out on the boat, he he) <br /><br />Anyway I had one of those exact pylons on my old boat (62 Glasspar Citation). It worked out great. Maybe 2-3 hrs to install and it goes on and off really easy. At least now you have an opinion for someone who has actually owned one. :D