Kneeboard question

nightvision

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all,<br />We have a Sea Ray 180 sport and we will be doing some kneeboarding next week for the first time. I'm in the process of purchasing a new knee board and have acouple questions. I noticed that there are two general types of knee boards. One that is conical (pointed) at the front and one that is square at the front. Can you explain to me the purpose of the two designs? Also, what kind of basic manuvers we should focus on the frist time out? What kind of tricks can be done with a knee board? If you can lead me to a website that teach the basics I would appreciate it.<br /><br />Thanks.

sergioy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Kneeboard question

Go to googel and type in kneeboard. One of the most basic tricks with a kneeboard is actually learning to get on. Once you have mastered that everything else is nothing.

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Goto any of the major barnds web sites and they can break it down for you. The fatter surf board shaped boards wil be more forgiving easier to learn on the laminated square boards are faster and less forgiving. As for tricks get up first then it's just pratice. The web is a good place to start looking for tricks I wish I had a good site to send you to. Good Luck

DAG

Cadet

My experience is that the thicker pointed kneeboards such as the O'Brien Black Magic are more stable and controlable. Much like the difference between a 20 foot bass boat to a 20 foot deep V bowrider.<br />I currently have a Hydroslide Razorback. The different with air is amazing. The Razoreback seems to fly off the wake dispite my 290 pound frame.<br />Either way, I like having the adjustable fins on the bottom for control.<br />-Doug