SCHEMATIC FOR '88 EVINRUDE

ruddtubs

Recruit
CAN ANYONE PROVIDE ME WITH A SCHEMATIC AND/OR INSTRUCTION SHEET FOR 1988 70 HP EVINRUDE O/B VRO. MY POWER TRIM IS OUT AND I'M HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING IT REPAIRED. MY ENGINE IS LOCKED I 'DOWN' POSITION. YOUR HELP MAY ENABLE ME TO 'GO FISHING.' THANKS. JOE

petryshyn

Commander
Re: SCHEMATIC FOR '88 EVINRUDE

Do you hear the relays clicking when attempting to tilt?<br /><br />Does it tilt up or down?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy Ruddtubs.<br /><br />Don't you have a manual? You need one. The guys here can help only so much, after that you have to have the manual.<br /><br />We need more info, like Schematic is asking for, to be of any help. Solenoid clicks? Pump motor runs? Can you lift it manually?<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

ruddtubs

Recruit

THANKS FOR REPLY. WE HAVE SOLVED PROBLEM - IT WAS SHORTAGE IN ELECTRICAL BUSS FITTING. ALL IS WELL.

skeeterbuilt

Cadet

A friend's tilt quit working on him also and he has a 1988 90HP johnson. There's a pressure release screw that you can loosened to bring the motor up and down manually. <br /><br />The problem with his is a loose wire in one of the wire plug that's attach to the relay. After re-inserting the wire in place, his titl works like a charm. Make sure all the wirings are properly secured.