• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

Ive always been a Cobalt guy, but recently I came across a clean 98 23' Formula. The salesman, said Formula was a top of the line boat, but i wanted to get some other peoples opinions before i made an offer. So does Formula make a good quality boat? Or should i stick with Cobalt?

Re: Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

If there is one manufacturer that can lay claim to building to a similar level of excellence as Cobalt, it is Formula. You can see from my signature what my bias is, but Formula builds a very nice boat.

Comment

I hope Formula is a good one i just bought 30 footer. anybody want to buy a searay?

Comment

Ihad a 1988 242ls formula it was superb. Itkept a high resale. Next I had a 1994 303 sr1with t502mpi. Formula does not build even oneflaw on their boats. The fit and finish is2nd to none. I now have a fountain center console. Formula is by far a good choice.

Comment

All of life's little questions should be this easy. and the answer is...............either one.Now see, that wadn't hard.c/6Hooty

Comment

runninhorn,Tough decision. Which high quality boat to buy? No doubt, either boat is an excellent choice. What kind of engine/drive is the Formula packin’?Which lake do you boat on? I’m on Lake Travis so maybe I’ll see ya out on the water.-Chris

Comment

hey, ill be out on lake travis. The Formula is 23' long, has a mag 454, and the guy wants $29k. Its at: www.eriksenmarine.com its actually on lake travis.....i kinda like the formula myself, but ive always had cobalt........so what kinda boat do you have on lake travis?

Comment

I took a quick look at it out at Eriksens a couple of days ago. Are you sure it’s a mag? The description on the website says it is a 7.4. Good looking boat though and clean.Anyway, I have a 25’ Donzi ZX. Are you going to put it in a slip or trailer it? I keep mine in a slip on a lift. In my marina, fellow slipmates have 25’ and 31’ Formulas. Real nice boats despite a complete lack of care in one particular case.Let me know if you get it. We can meet up for some serious go-fastin’. Also, let me know if you need another set of eyes to give her a thorough look over before you decide to commit. I’m between projects right now and have some free time.-Chris

Comment

Working...
                X