• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

Ive always been a Cobalt guy, but recently I came across a clean 98 23' Formula. The salesman, said Formula was a top of the line boat, but i wanted to get some other peoples opinions before i made an offer. So does Formula make a good quality boat? Or should i stick with Cobalt?

Re: Formula vs. Cobalt--which is the better boat?

If there is one manufacturer that can lay claim to building to a similar level of excellence as Cobalt, it is Formula. You can see from my signature what my bias is, but Formula builds a very nice boat.

Comment

I hope Formula is a good one i just bought 30 footer. anybody want to buy a searay?

Comment

Ihad a 1988 242ls formula it was superb. Itkept a high resale. Next I had a 1994 303 sr1with t502mpi. Formula does not build even oneflaw on their boats. The fit and finish is2nd to none. I now have a fountain center console. Formula is by far a good choice.

Comment

All of life's little questions should be this easy. and the answer is...............either one.Now see, that wadn't hard.c/6Hooty

Comment

runninhorn,Tough decision. Which high quality boat to buy? No doubt, either boat is an excellent choice. What kind of engine/drive is the Formula packin’?Which lake do you boat on? I’m on Lake Travis so maybe I’ll see ya out on the water.-Chris

Comment

hey, ill be out on lake travis. The Formula is 23' long, has a mag 454, and the guy wants $29k. Its at: www.eriksenmarine.com its actually on lake travis.....i kinda like the formula myself, but ive always had cobalt........so what kinda boat do you have on lake travis?

Comment

I took a quick look at it out at Eriksens a couple of days ago. Are you sure it’s a mag? The description on the website says it is a 7.4. Good looking boat though and clean.Anyway, I have a 25’ Donzi ZX. Are you going to put it in a slip or trailer it? I keep mine in a slip on a lift. In my marina, fellow slipmates have 25’ and 31’ Formulas. Real nice boats despite a complete lack of care in one particular case.Let me know if you get it. We can meet up for some serious go-fastin’. Also, let me know if you need another set of eyes to give her a thorough look over before you decide to commit. I’m between projects right now and have some free time.-Chris

Comment

Working...
                X