Lowe Angler boats - Any good?

martyscher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello,<br /><br />Search has not yeilded much on these boats for freshwater use.<br /><br />I'm considering the Sea Nymph 150S with 50HP Merc "classic".<br /><br />We just need an affordable fishing boat.<br /><br />Any input is welcome.

495v

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lowe Angler boats - Any good?

Try this link and look for Lowe. You can find specs, owner lists, and a forum for Lowe owners. web page<br />By-the-way, I'm not trying to backstab the I-boats forum. This is the best forum on the net!

martyscher

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the link. This is a great site, but you can never have too much info.

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the link too, 495v.<br /><br />martyscher, I used to own a 1993 14' Sea Nymph (started with a 15 HP Honda and went to a 25 Honda), then upgraded to a 2000 Lowe 1760 MT (now have a 1996 Mariner 50 HP 4-stroke on it). The Sea Nymph was a very good boat, I just wanted bigger for light saltwater use.<br /><br />I like the Lowes and Sea Nymphs. Sea Nymph is now a part of Lowes boats too.

495v

Chief Petty Officer

Glad I could be of help, unfortunately, after sending that link I visited it again and there were only a few Lowe owners. Maybe both you guys could add to that a get a Lowe forum going on that site. But don't put Iboats by the wayside because this is undoubtably the most informative on the web.(good people too)

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer

Yea, I can barely get time to keep up with iboats.com.<br /><br />I agree, it is the best site I have seen for "one stop shopping" for boating info.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

martyscher,<br /><br />I bought a 10 year old Lowe 17' deep vee bass boat. Originally had an Evin. 40, now has an Evin. 90. I use it mostly in fresh water - sometimes I put into the Potomac. It's my 3rd fishing boat and it's the best of the 3. On vacation last year I left it in the water for 10 days and it stayed dry. I'm very satisfied with Lowe. Was looking at a new 16.5 Sea Nymph when this one came up - $$ talked! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Lowe.<br /><br />tcube