Bimini top mounting question.

Big-E

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys im in florida and its very very very hot. So i need to get a bimini for my 16.5 foot ebbtide bowrider. The way i want to have it mounted is so it covers the drivers and passenger pedisial seats. (took out orginal nasty lounge seats and put in pedisal seats for mroe fishability). I did note there is what looks like a channel on the side glass comming off the windshield. Could this provide enough support for a top? I dont want to have to mount it on the deck behind where the glass goes away cause that will put my top over the back of the boat. I also noted that i could prolly get a mount that would go 90 deg's p so i could mount it outside of the glass. <br /><br />Ideally the windshild mount would be the best, plus it has a channel in it so it could be moved. <br /><br />Ideas? <br /><br />thanks, <br /><br />Big-E

Big-E

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bimini top mounting question.

After a 2nd look at the glass edge i dunno if if would support the pressure of a top. I think i will just mount it on the sides of the windshield. <br /><br />later, <br /><br />Big-E