'95 Sunbird Corsair 180 Questions

ptrau

Cadet
Just bought first boat. '95 Sunbird Corsair 180 w/OMC I/O. Would like help on the following questions:<br /><br />Is Sunbird still making boats (couldn't find on Google)?<br />Where can I get an owners manual (didn't come with one)?<br />Where can I get an OMC repair manual?<br />Can I still get OMC parts?<br /><br />You would think that I would have found this out BEFORE I bought...I had "rookie" lake fever.<br /><br />Any answers or experiences with this setup would be greatly appreciated.

migue

Seaman Apprentice
Re: '95 Sunbird Corsair 180 Questions

1- Sunbird is not making boats anymore since 1998 <br />2- A manual will be difficult to get, I have a sunbird and my manual is pretty much useless, not a lot of info over there.<br />3- Repair manuals there are plenty, just do a search on google, yahoo ...<br />4- OMC I/O OEM parts are not produced anymore but I think many volvo/penta parts will fit.

ptrau

Cadet

Thanks for the info. How has your experience with your Sunbird been? I took mine out for the first time yesterday and it handled fine. Crossing the wake of a 40' cruiser was pretty bumpy, but other than that....fun.

migue

Seaman Apprentice

It has been a good boat for the price, nothing fancy but I have fun and money in my pocket. I would have chosen an outboard OMC I/o are not known for being reliable. If it is well maintained you should be ok... good luck!

ptrau

Cadet

Thanks for the info. How has your experience with your Sunbird been? I took mine out for the first time yesterday and it handled fine. Crossing the wake of a 40' cruiser was pretty bumpy, but other than that....fun.