• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

'95 Sunbird Corsair 180 Questions

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 Sunbird Corsair 180 Questions

Just bought first boat. '95 Sunbird Corsair 180 w/OMC I/O. Would like help on the following questions:Is Sunbird still making boats (couldn't find on Google)?Where can I get an owners manual (didn't come with one)?Where can I get an OMC repair manual?Can I still get OMC parts?You would think that I would have found this out BEFORE I bought...I had "rookie" lake fever.Any answers or experiences with this setup would be greatly appreciated.

Re: '95 Sunbird Corsair 180 Questions

1- Sunbird is not making boats anymore since 1998 2- A manual will be difficult to get, I have a sunbird and my manual is pretty much useless, not a lot of info over there.3- Repair manuals there are plenty, just do a search on google, yahoo ...4- OMC I/O OEM parts are not produced anymore but I think many volvo/penta parts will fit.

Comment

Thanks for the info. How has your experience with your Sunbird been? I took mine out for the first time yesterday and it handled fine. Crossing the wake of a 40' cruiser was pretty bumpy, but other than that....fun.

Comment

It has been a good boat for the price, nothing fancy but I have fun and money in my pocket. I would have chosen an outboard OMC I/o are not known for being reliable. If it is well maintained you should be ok... good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info. How has your experience with your Sunbird been? I took mine out for the first time yesterday and it handled fine. Crossing the wake of a 40' cruiser was pretty bumpy, but other than that....fun.

Comment

Working...
          X