New design of rope cutters-any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip922

Cadet
I posted a question a few days ago, but didn't get much of a response? either every ones bored with the subject or all the experts were asleep?<br />so tries again.....<br />Looking at a new design of rope cutter for a Johnson 4 stroke I'm getting soon, and the web site talks about several fittings to shaft drive boats so wondered if anyone (engineers, boat builders, owners etc) had any views on these new cutters they seem to work the same way on the outbaords as they do on the shaft drives.<br />Maybe I'll just try one and get back to the forum after the Summer...<br />Oh they're made by Quickwater in Perth Oz, and the web site I found was H4Marine.com.<br />Thanks<br />Kev

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New design of rope cutters-any experience?

I've never even seen a rope cutter for an outboard-though I've never really looked for one. I'll be buying one if I can find one. I didn't think they existed!

18rabbit

Captain
Re: New design of rope cutters-any experience?

Skip – I’m not an expert on this, but it definitely looks better than the kind I have seen before on the shaft with protruding blades. Just looking at the pics, it seems the line must be tight on the spool, near the prop, as it makes contact with the blade(s) to be sheared/cut. I can see a loose coil of line slipping over the spool and cutter when at idle, them wrapping up tight as a hat band when throttling up. Might not matter once the line wrapped up to the cutter, leaving only a small piece wrapped on the hub. Hard to tell just looking at the web graphics.<br /><br />Here’s the link for anyone that wants to see the quicKutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.