anybody use a " doggy boarding ladder" for your dog?

phatmanmike

Captain
i have a 21 foot center console withfull transom and a 225v6 sea drive outboard and i also have a 115 pound 6 year old rotty that has bad knees/ legs and we want to take him boating. <br /><br />we took him once last week, and my wife and i had to lift him into the boat while he growled at us.<br /><br />it is something like this:<br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=4550405613&category=26451&sspagename=WDVW <br /><br />if the mods delete that link, look for ebay item #4550405613

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: anybody use a " doggy boarding ladder" for your dog?

Actually, it looks pretty cool. A little expensive, in my mind, but there it is. I'm sure the dog will like it, though.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Pretty large to stow. Are there any other models?<br /><br />I think about this from time to time as we have a dog that would be perfect on the boat. I keep picturing him clawing at the hull trying to board; not sure I could make it through the first day. I am sure he would be great after figuring it all out. It's the figurin' that has me worried . . .

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Try making one yourself. Add hinges for easy storage. No point in spending good money when you can build it yourself.