Brougham Bridger Boats??

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Came across an interesting boat today. Seems it had spent a lot of time on Lake Michigan. I've done several searches on the web and have found mostly house boats but no fishing style boats. Attached is a pic of this boat. The ID tag on the back left of the boat is attached as well.

Attachments

• photo281989.jpg
    photo281989.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo281990.JPG
    photo281990.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
The MIC makes it out to be a Yukon Delta boat - they made mostly houseboats, but appear to have had a couple of variants from that. I only saw deck boats in looking around on the web, but they look real similar to that one. I'm guessing from the end of the number that '86 is the year of that boat.

Otherwise, I can't find much about 'em beyond the houseboats.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know the hull on that boat looks really similar to the house boats' hull. The house boats were all I could fund on my series as well. It has a Michigan registration number still on it, may try to check that out on Monday.

As far as buying it, I'm not sure on that. I will be looking into it possibly for the next project. The top half is starting to separate from the bottom. Seems the plywood is/has separated from the first erg lass floor. It'll definitely be a larger project than the well craft I'm working on now.

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Jeff I am glad you decided to stick around here after all that went on about the abandoned boat thread. That boat above is very interesting indeed. I couldn't find much info myself. That layout would make it a great fishing boat here on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario where we fish.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Last registration was in Michigan in 2001. I'm guessing that it was used on Lake Michigan.

As far as the abandoned boat thread is concerned, well, let's just say I have thick skin. There's a lot of arm chair fixers out there that mean well and thats fine, no biggy. However, I am a hands on kinda guy. Some of my work flies at Mach 2 and some of it sits still. I've done floors, transoms, engines, along with fiberglass and carbon fiber layups. Among lot of other things.

Last edited:

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok, now for an update. This boat is now my next project. It has moved in front of the Wellcraft 260.. I actually have a guy coming out to look at buying the wellcraft as is...woo hoo!! Anyways, the previous owner has no other paperwork other than the title, which says its a Brougham Bridger fishing boat, 25 ft long. Will be going back next weekend to pull out of the weeds with a couple of extra tires.

Attachments

• photo284135.jpg
    photo284135.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Those trailer wheels sure are in deep. Bring some tools to dig it out. Should be a great project.

oldrem

Commander
Looks like a chainsaw might be good to grab for all the brush. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jeff Fro

Petty Officer 1st Class
Definitely will be taking a chainsaw with me to pull it out. Don' t know if I will be needing it or not. Should be an interesting build. I'm looking forward to getting it home and tearing into it and cleaning it up to find out whats there.

When I first saw it, I thought what a fugly boat, but then it kinda grew on me. It seams to be a rather unique boat, haven't seen another one on the web in any of my searches.

Any help in additional info on this boat would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

oldrem

Commander
Should probably ask a mod to move this over to the restoration section. You'll get a lot of good advice over there.