12' 6" Steury Fiberglass Boat

Haven't had much luck determining the year of my Steury boat. Would anyone have a clue? It is 12' 6" from the bow to transom and fiberglass. Thanks.

southkogs

Staff member
Fiberglassics is fine. Not sure why Norton would flag you off of it. Posting photos would help us guess at the year, but Scott's link will be the best place to look and compare.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I need to know the year to get a title. Norton said that website was dangerous, but thanks.

buying a boat without a title can often be a giant mountain to climb to get the boat titled/registered in your name.

some states it is impossible

if its a matter that the prior owner lost the title, offer to drive them to the local title office, offer to buy them lunch and offer to pay the lost title fee. it will save you headache and aggrevation.

I tried again and Norton said it is a known dangerous site and blocked it. I tried uploading pictures here and it always says invalid! I tried several times.

southkogs

Staff member
Didn't know you were trying to upload photos here. You needed three posts to do that. I'll assume you should probably look over the FORUM RULES and PHOTO TUTORIAL. I recommend you use option 1, the direct upload.

I haven't used Norton in quite a number of years, so I'm not sure how to set a rule in it to let you access a site. But fiberglassics is a reputable site. Folks around here reference it quite a bit.

I was actually able to access the site without a problem using my wife's computer. I've decided that my boat is a 1959 Model 212. Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated. Now I can go through the process of obtaining a title.

I actually figured out how to upload the picture. Thanks again everyone. Do you all agree that this 12' fiberglass is a 1959 Steury Model 212? Just wanted to get other opinions before I go thru the process. .

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Is it for sure a '59? I couldn't tell you. BUT, it's close enough to check a box to get the registration paperwork in order ;)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
norton is a joke
I got a PC on my desk at work the first year they were available. The one on my desk at home came only a few months later. Have had a new one every time they were upgraded. Have had all the virus software as well. Norton served me better than any other. I don't know what the joke is!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Nice looking little boat. I love the lines of all the old stuff, furniture to boats. Now almost every car on the road are clones of the competition. We used to sit on the veranda and ID every car that passed, by make, model and year. Now you can't tell a Ford from a Chevy.

In Canada any boat with less than 10 horsepower does not need a registration I have been told. I'm not so sure about that. I know a 9.9 HP doesn't need to be registered, thus 10 HP motors carry the 9.9 rating. It must be similar in some states, we don't manufacture boat motors. I had a 12' Eagle inflatable with a 4 HP 4 stroke Honda, it was never registered. When I bought it I registered it for insurance purposes. I wish I still had that Honda. Not miles per gallon but miles per the ounce.

I think both Ralph and Norton were hilarious. I didn't know Norton still sold anti-virus protection, aren't they all free now? Most operating systems come with anti virus now. Like my Windows 10 Defender. My comp. guru said no need for anything else for what I use this thing for, maybe for important business applications, not for going on iboats and Buffalo Bills.com.