Having water trouble in the back bottom of my boat

Sambo1959

Cadet
I have 2000 proline 30 sports center console.water coming from some where in to the back of boat .I have looked every where i can think of does any one have any info about my troubles. It seems like the water only starts coming in the boat when I am running it I pumps out the water and let it set for while no water but once I run it for about 30 minutes water starts coming back in

Maclin

Admiral
Welcome Aboard!

What kind of engine system do you have, Outboard or Inboard/Outboard? If Inboard/Outboard, what brand is the unit?

There are multiple things at play, and the more information you give the better answers and suggestions you will get.

Did this just start happening? What was the last maintenance done to the boat or engine? How long have you had the boat?

Good luck!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
In addition to Maclin's questions, does the boat have a non-working speedometer?

Sambo1959

Cadet
I have twin outboard 225 Hondas 2015 yes it just started taking in water this past weekend

Last edited:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Your thread title is troubling, but there may be a simple solution. To get more help, suggest you post some pictures starting at a distance to get you whole boat, then gradually closer up to where the water is, and where you suspect it may be coming in.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard -

Going down the same trail as Maclin and GA: does it take on water with the engine idling but the boat not moving? Then does it take on water faster when you start moving? Also, have you had someone drive the boat while you play "hunt the leak" in back?

I had a similar problem. Mine was coming in where the rub Rail is bolted in the back corner where the bottom HULL and the top deck come together the sealant came out those corners. As I was on plane water was shooting up and hitting that corner in the rear and pushing water in. Check there first ... you can always fill the boat with water and watch were it comes out

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
yeah, don't fill any boat with water. You can do more damage to it by doing that. overstressing the trailer, wiring, pumps, fuel systems, and the hull itself. Best to take a ride with a good friend and look around.

Sambo1959

Cadet
Don't do that.
I was thinking the same thing not to fill the boat with water. Thinking electrical too I had my boat at the storage but my storage is out in the open weather and I am in Texas Galveston area where Harvey hit us hard

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
Cracked hose on the livewell intake???.... When the boat is moving water will be forced up into the hose even if the pump is off... Shut the valve on the thru-hull off an see if that helps.

Sambo1959

Cadet
Cracked hose on the livewell intake???.... When the boat is moving water will be forced up into the hose even if the pump is off... Shut the valve on the thru-hull off an see if that helps.
Ok b.gagnon I will thanks