Vent hatch

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After inspecting my Cuddy hatch I have come to the decision to replace it as it leaks and some of the hardware is worn out ( it is 33 years old). So who makes a decent one that still has an affordable price.

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks scott Danforth. I?m knee deep into the restoration on this thing. The hatch is missing parts and don?t stay open when the boat is underway. Plus I think an upgraded lower profile hatch will look much better. I just want to buy a one from a good manufacturer. I don?t care about cost because you only get what you pay for

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you can check out sites like great lakes skipper or marine surplus and others that buy end of build runs from boat manufacturers, however I find their prices nearly equal new current stock.

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
scott Danforth. On another topic do you think 15 gallons of resin will do my deck and stringers. I have been ordering supplies. This way I?ll have everything and be ready to roll. I have just about everything thing caught up at the shop and plan on pulling her in and getting her done. The boat is a 19 footer with a Cuddy Cabin.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If you dont make any trophies, it should be fine..... I used about 12 gallons on just my transom, stringers and coolers in my Cuddy a few years ago..... Made a few trophies (bucket of resin with a brush hanging out)

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes I?m going to try for no trophies, but I have made a few doing Corvette?s thru the years. Some of the guys in my crew at the shop have made some using the West System and it drives me nuts because it?s not cheap.